Life After - Super Joe Speaks

You might be right, but they seem to be transitioning to a traditional campus and student body well. Maybe it's because the suburban setting appeals to families from the school sports culture (these are kids that went to HS football games). They will start out in a very small stadium, so it will probably be standing room only the first season. The big question will be, "Will they prefer to go see KSU/Gardner Webb on campus, or watch UGAg on TV?"

That's the reason I doubt they will be successful. It's the same reason I have doubts about Southern's transition to FBS. Are they really excited about playing UL-Lafayette to get into the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl?

BDS looks like crap at kick off too.

QFT. Something is off with our student body the last several seasons. When I was there, we had to send freshmen to hold down our reserved block to keep encroachers out, because the stands would be packed at kickoff. These days, the student section may or may not fill out by the end of the first quarter.

qft. Something is off with our student body the last several seasons. When i was there, we had to send freshmen to hold down our reserved block to keep encroachers out, because the stands would be packed at kickoff. These days, the student section may or may not fill out by the end of the first quarter.

too many nooners

QFT. Something is off with our student body the last several seasons. When I was there, we had to send freshmen to hold down our reserved block to keep encroachers out, because the stands would be packed at kickoff. These days, the student section may or may not fill out by the end of the first quarter.

TSA-level checks at student gates, years of bad attendance/loyalty policies, early kickoffs, nationwide decreasing interest in football from students (plenty of schools, even SEC schools, are having the same problem), all lead to poor attendance from the student body.

The direction this thread has turned makes me wish I had access to the Crossfire TV commercial, but replacing every "Crossfire" lyric with "off season."

It's from when DRad got that private security firm and they really cracked down on flasks. I don't know if the private security company is paid per flask or what, but the frat blocks basically show up late or not at all unless we're playing UGA or Clemson.

I'm not sure of the right solution. I don't think BDS on the sidelines looks quite as bad as Miami in that picture either, even for a nooner against Elon.

too many nooners

BS. We filled out our block 30 minutes before kickoff for noon games in my heyday. No one wanted to miss the team's entrance. If anything, students on campus should be the first to arrive since they live a block away.

In my day, the band was on the sideline around the 30, iirc. The chairback section was actually the very coveted student flash card section. The student section was the lower east from the 30 to the endzone. Students were taken care of back in the day. The football team sucked, for the most part, but that never stopped us from filling the section and having a öööö good time.

I have one thought concerning the stadium at kickoff... we stopped doing flyovers. Everyone remembers why. I wonder what it would take to get that going again for a couple games per season.

Back