Link to yesterdays

IM79

Flats Noob
Lunch Bunch Report I posted on the Hive. I know some don't get along with the Hive but take a look anyway. Bill Curry was a great speaker.

link: http://insiders4.ezboard.com/fthehivefrm2.showMessage?topicID=201.topic

IMHO, he wasn't the greatest coach of all time and he did leave us but he is a loyal, great Tech man all the way through who has learned from his mistakes. I still think he, Homer & Bobby did a great job keeping our AA afloat from 80-83 when it could have gone under. I will always be greatful to them for that.

Lunch Bunch is put on by the North Metro Club.
I've had so much fun going on Mondays this year I'm gonna join that club. I encourage everybody else around N. Atlanta to visit Lunch Bunch also.

Funny how his name keeps coming up as an AD for Tech. What is his main job obligation these days? He may be willing to take the job, and mend some fences.
BOO

What seems to be a no brainer, has the toughest time becoming a reality. I am all for Coach Curry becoming AD, now. We need a restart to resign the alumni, the street fan base, and more importantly the high school prospect that needs to know he will make it through Tech.

Go Jackets! To HELL with MOORE.

There is one thing for sure, Bill Curry is well respected as a football player in both college and professional arenas.

He may not have been the best football strategist as a coach, but he was honest with his players and was a hard working coach.

He is a high profile personality. He has a Dodd like image for respectability. I would be willing to bet, any recruit would be well pleased to know the AD at Tech is Bill Curry if the recruit was considering Tech.

wink.gif

Why would ANY 17 to 18 year old give a hoot about curry being the AD at GT? How would that have an influence of their decision?

Well, it is very evident to me they would see the AD was very much interested in the athlete and would do everything possible to back up the coach and his players.

I don't know from your view. You would have to tell me why you don't think it matters.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Back