List of insulting ACC nicknames

Valdosta_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Just for fun, it might also be interesting to do a list about how ACC teams view themselves, e.g.: FSU - we have SEC speed!!!! We won like, at least, 1,000,000 ACC championships!!! but because the ACC is weak we lose to Wake and BC. These are the ones I've seen:

BC: ?

Clemson: klumppers, Clem's son

Duke: Puke

FSU: Criminole$

GT: Nerds

Maryland: ?

Miami: da U, Thug U

Pitt: ?

UNC: cheaters

NC State: ?

Syracuse: ?

UVA: *fah*

VT: Chokies

WF: Weak Forest

Some old ones and some new ones:

Maryland: land of Marys, Twerps, Fridge-Firing ------s

Duke: Rat kingdom

Pitt: ----sburg

NC State: Nobody cares state

FSU: Free Shoes University

BC: Matt Ryan sucks

Syracuse: Sorrycuse

UVA: Cavaqueers

I have never understood "Clem's Son". Who is Clem supposed to be and why is that insulting?

gtzulu I hadn't seen "Nobody Cares State" but that is really good. They are definitely the little brother in the state but they have a large fanbase that likes to pretend they're relevant...except no one really cares.

VT- VIPSIU, Vagina Tech
Miami- Hurrican'ts, da U, thug U, the We is back's
Duke- the Dookies
FSU- Next years' MNC contender (every year)
Clemson- the fighting Dabo's
GT- Techies, nerds, Dragoncon U

BC= Barely/Bad Catholic(s) (only an insult to certain audiences)

Maryland - Ferryland

Miami - Miami

UNC - University of Nard Crunchers

Last edited:
Ex-roommate's dad is a UVA alum and furnished us with a few gems, my favorites are UV-gay and UVAgina

I thought only uga uses 'nerds' for us, does that get some ACC use?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Florida and North Carolina schools called us rednecks (looking down on Georgia).

I wouldn't be surprised if the Florida and North Carolina schools called us rednecks (looking down on Georgia).

Does that make us rednerds or nerdnecks?

From my limited experience with the comments section on the ACC blog, fans of other ACC schools all just make puns involving us hating knees. There's not really a concise, consistently used one I've seen like that though. (and I also question if the people that comment on those blogs are a good cross section of ACC fans)

From my limited experience with the comments section on the ACC blog, fans of other ACC schools all just make puns involving us hating knees. There's not really a concise, consistently used one I've seen like that though. (and I also question if the people that comment on those blogs are a good cross section of ACC fans)

There are some good peeps on the ACC blog (the regulars)...yes they like to call us knee destroyers...

I've seen ACC teams use it, but I don't think it is as widespread... most ACC schools can be classified as nerdy themselves.

I have never understood "Clem's Son". Who is Clem supposed to be and why is that insulting?

gtzulu I hadn't seen "Nobody Cares State" but that is really good. They are definitely the little brother in the state but they have a large fanbase that likes to pretend they're relevant...except no one really cares.

Back in the day I saw t-shirts worn by UGA fans that depicted Clem and his son as retards.

I remember a guy on the AJC comments who used to call us "Tasty Bees". Never did seem to catch on.

Back