List of teams in MAJOR Bowls in last 7 yrs

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
This is inspired by ALlives & is for those folks who think that GT can't get the players or coaches to compete for major Bowl space. I'll put the teams whose fans 'really didn't think' they could make it to major Bowls in capital letters. Don't even try to convince me that GT can't get the players to compete with most of these teams. If they can do it, we can do it. We just haven't put it together since '90, but we surely should.

Sugar-VIRGINIA TECH(2), Texas, Florida(2), Florida St(3), Ohio St(2), Texas A&M, Miami, LSU, ILLINOIS

Orange-Florida St(2), Notre Dame, Nebraska(2), VIRGINIA TECH, Tennessee, Florida(2), SYRACUSE, Michigan, Alabama, Oklahoma, MARYLAND

Rose-Southern Cal, NORTHWESTERN, Ohio St, ARIZONA ST, Michigan, WASHINGTON ST, WISCONSIN(2), UCLA, STANFORD, Washington, PURDUE, Miami, Nebraska

Fiesta-Nebraska(2), Florida, Penn St, Texas, KANSAS ST, SYRACUSE, Tennessee(2), Florida St, OREGON ST, Notre Dame, OREGON, Colorado

Cotton-Colorado, OREGON, BYU, KANSAS ST(2), UCLA, Texas A&M, Texas(2), MISSISSIPPI ST, ARKANSAS(2), Tennessee, Oklahoma

PS: if ya go back to the '90 season, which was Tech's last run at the big Bowls, ya'd have to add in ARIZONA, TEXAS TECH, LOUISVILLE,WEST VIRGINIA & IOWA.
Why can't Georgia Tech make a 1-2 yr run in these Bowls with these kind of teams? There is no reason, & we, as fans, should let our staff & players know this is what we expect!

GT Ace, I will have to go along with you on this. We not only can get as good of players as most other teams, but we now have talent equal to most of the other top teams in the nation.

Our only downfall is coaching them down instead of up. Actually, most teams that go from a losing team to a winning team accomplish this with a change in coaches as opposed to a change in the make-up of their recruiting. The coaching edge is the main ingredient for winning.

Back