Little Girl Swofford Retiring

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
Apparently DRad's name is being thrown around for the job...

samsgt02

Dodd-Like

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
When we joined the ACC, 50% of the teams in the league were from North Carolina. But, now, teams from North Carolina make up less than one-third of the ACC. So, if UNC still runs the ACC, why do the rest of the teams let it?

As for the next ACC commissioner, I'm for Bobby Cremins. But, my money's on Roy Williams.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
What the öööö does Wes know about running a large organization? He’s a great announcer but why do you think that qualifies him to run the conference?
Wow! I didn't really consider Durham as commish seriously, but now after reading Diseqc's post and thinking about I know he could handle it.

Last edited:

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
Bernadette McGlade? Has experience in the ACC office, is a Conference Commissioner with the A10, is a Tarheel (which I don’t like, but you can bet the new Commish will have to be approved by the Cheaters), but also has nice connections to Georgia Tech.

79tech

Damn Good Rat
I am sure I will get lambasted but I actually think Swofford did a great job keeping the league together and advancing it even though the ACC was a target for poaching. The league could have fallen apart or we could have Rutgers and the loss of Maryland may not have been that bad - they are somewhat of a train wreck given there financial situation. So his ability to keep teams from getting poached and adding Va. Tech, BC, Miami and then Louisville, Syracuse and Pitt were all good moves. The fee he established for leaving was also helpful. The Notre Dame deal while not perfect wasn't a bad deal.