Little Girl Swofford Retiring

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Uhm, u iz glossing over some really bad deals. Our league football revenues are pathetic and going to stay that way. A P5 joke. We were blackmailed into taking VPI (note the correct abbreviation for your future use), which is turning out to be a one-coach wonder. The Notre Dame deal was great... If you are Notre Dame.

He played favorites...huge favorites within the league. Any schedule analysis showed it. You will NEVER have a strong league when the commish sets some teams up for success while hosing the rest of it.

We regularly got hosed the worst. Scientific. VPI was hosed the second worse over the years. Facts support that as well. Tobacco Road always got their favors done. The rest of the league was mainly ignored, although if a team like Clemson was high in the polls the refs would protect them from upset, as long as they did not play UNC. It is truly remarkable how little football success UNC had recently, given their always favorable schedules. That crap must stop.

Some of you are fooled by The Little Girl going on radio and saying gosh how much he liked Georgia Tech...always has...why he was even recruited by Bobby Dodd and almost came here....

No. He was an implacable enemy to Georgia Tech.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Vippie Sue should have never been invited to the ACC

rain

Dodd-Like
im not so sure about that. In Academics they are similar to Clem’s son. Not overly impressive, not a complete joke like some others.
They have decent program- though I have never liked them. Mostly now I despise them.
At times I wanted to beat them bad- second only to UGA.
Met a good number of their alums- never liked a single one of them.
But if we allow a Louisville in, no way you don’t take vippysue.

texstinger

Dodd-Like
But pitt, bc, nd (all the rights none of the responsibilities) should have?

Maybe we should go ahead and invite elon & kenny st into the ACC.

Last edited:

danwatch

Varsity Lurker
VT, while clearly below GT's level, has improved significantly in the last 20 years or so. As a GT alum living amidst more Hokies than I find healthy, I can attest that their standards have improved and that they are more selective than before. Can't tell you how many VT grads I used to interview who thought they were ready to start work at the top! I'm very pleased my son did not want to become one of them.

MidnightJacket

Damn Good Rat
Some of y’all are nuts. The VPI and Miami additions were perfect for the league. Southern programs that emphasize football? Natural rivalries with existing league members. These were good adds.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
VT, while clearly below GT's level, has improved significantly in the last 20 years or so. As a GT alum living amidst more Hokies than I find healthy, I can attest that their standards have improved and that they are more selective than before. Can't tell you how many VT grads I used to interview who thought they were ready to start work at the top! I'm very pleased my son did not want to become one of them.
That’s the same argument East Cobb moms try to make about uga. However once you let Louisville into the ACC, all academic arguments are off.

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
That’s the same argument East Cobb moms try to make about uga. However once you let Louisville into the ACC, all academic arguments are off.
What difference does it make?

Louisville’s academics have no impact on our school. Other than our athletes will be competing against an aggregate of less smart individuals.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
What difference does it make?

Louisville’s academics have no impact on our school. Other than our athletes will be competing against an aggregate of less smart individuals.
ACC is more than an athletic conference. There's an academic component with funding that fosters intercollegiate research and collaboration. Louisville promised to invest heavily in several areas as a condition to join the ACC. They did not invest. The little girl decided not to hold them accountable.

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
I have never met a VT grad worth a damn. In my experience, their academics are on par with UGA's engineering programs.

LagrangeJacket

Dodd-Like
ACC is more than an athletic conference. There's an academic component with funding that fosters intercollegiate research and collaboration. Louisville promised to invest heavily in several areas as a condition to join the ACC. They did not invest. The little girl decided not to hold them accountable.
Athletic conferences have zero to do with research.

pianoman

Varsity Lurker
I have never met a VT grad worth a damn. In my experience, their academics are on par with UGA's engineering programs.
Agreed, I turned down a full ride at vpi to work my way through GT engineering out of state.
Very insecure bunch, SW Virginia mentality.
I went to many games, watched Beamer play in the 60s. Terrible program until he came back as coach.
Hopefully/apparently reverting to the mean now.

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
Agreed, I turned down a full ride at vpi to work my way through GT engineering out of state.
Very insecure bunch, SW Virginia mentality.
I went to many games, watched Beamer play in the 60s. Terrible program until he came back as coach.
Hopefully/apparently reverting to the mean now.
VT grads are the kind of people to get an MBA at Devry and brag about it on Facebook. They think they're the center of the football universe. They're the worst.