Little Girl Swofford Retiring

gtphd

What a time to be alive
VT grads are the kind of people to get an MBA at Devry and brag about it on Facebook. They think they're the center of the football universe. They're the worst.
The worst are people who make up obviously fake stories to brag about their mediocre accomplishment.

“When I applied to college I was told that it was no place for a Chicanx girl like me. The admissions officer personally came to my house to spit on me and tell me that I should get a job at Target. I made it my life’s mission to prove him wrong. Today I graduate with a bachelor’s degree in culture and gender studies from Cal State Fullerton!”

(4 random pictures in a dress in front of statues)

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
VT grads are the kind of people to get an MBA at Devry and brag about it on Facebook. They think they're the center of the football universe. They're the worst.
I know this is OT, but I spent a couple evenings a while back reading horror stories about Devry. For-profit colleges like it are simply around to suck up loans and grants. Their bursars are trained to sign students up for as much aid as possible, with minorities and GI Bill beneficiaries being prime targets. Once the checks start rolling in they don't give a öööö what the student does until the money dries up. If the student's lucky he finished with a degree and the college was nationally accredited rather than regionally or not at all. Odds are he's going to default on the loan with or without the degree because their job placement and networking is a sham, too.

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
The worst are people who make up obviously fake stories to brag about their mediocre accomplishment.

“When I applied to college I was told that it was no place for a Chicanx girl like me. The admissions officer personally came to my house to spit on me and tell me that I should get a job at Target. I made it my life’s mission to prove him wrong. Today I graduate with a bachelor’s degree in culture and gender studies from Cal State Fullerton!”

(4 random pictures in a dress in front of statues)
So you know Julia too? Small world.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
I know this is OT, but I spent a couple evenings a while back reading horror stories about Devry. For-profit colleges like it are simply around to suck up loans and grants. Their bursars are trained to sign students up for as much aid as possible, with minorities and GI Bill beneficiaries being prime targets. Once the checks start rolling in they don't give a öööö what the student does until the money dries up. If the student's lucky he finished with a degree and the college was nationally accredited rather than regionally or not at all. Odds are he's going to default on the loan with or without the degree because their job placement and networking is a sham, too.
Regionally accredited is preferred over nationally accredited, but agree otherwise. This is what happens when the federal government backs student loans and GI Bills. Otherwise private banks would favor high paying / high employment majors and colleges.