Looks like Miami will accept Thursday

ConyersJacket

Varsity Lurker
Some news.

1. VT president put out a statement today accepting the ACC offer. VT is an ACC school now even if Miami does not join. Sorry no link but I saw it with my own eyes somewhere on the VT site.

2. It looks like despite comments made by Miami folks Wed., they are going to accept on Thursday.

Links to this effect (may have to copy/paste links):
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/auto/epaper/editions/thursday/news_e3afd60086dd22ed00c5.html

http://www.fayettevillenc.com/story.php?Template=acc&Story=5729492

AWESOME!

Who's the 12th going to be. There better be a 12th coming up in the next few weeks (or days if it's going to be BC or Syr.).

FANTASTECH!

WV should be the 12th school, IMHO.
drinking.gif

drinking.gif
well, IMHO, I have believed that there is still much going on behind the scenes than we are led to believe from media reports. Miami and the powers that be, wanted to flex a little muscle and prove a point, but they will be in the mix. VT, although glad to have them join our ACC, used policital stategy and that will follow them into games in the future. I am confident that a 12th team will be added very shortly to give the ACC its' wanted/needed championship game. Now just who could that BEE? Hmmmm?
pat.gif

My gut feeling tells me that they already have the 12th team lined up. It definately is not a Big East school since they don't have the time to get a new team setup by Monday and the original two have already said that they are done dealing with the ACC.

So, this likely means that they are finally being discreet in their operations and are probably touring this school or will be within the next couple of days.

I would think you'd see an announcement by the end of next week. At least that is what I'm hoping to happen.

Louisville please. Good football, basketball, and womens volleyball.

I even think Pitt would be a great school. Plus it would help in the TV market area.

Back