Losing 3 S&C Assistants

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like
Link: AJC Article

Georgia Tech’s strength-and-conditioning staff has undergone heavy turnover, as head strength coach Lewis Caralla has lost his three assistants – Zach Reed, Kyle Seger and Edward Thompson.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
It's not "good" but they're getting steps up in position. As long as we have Lew we will have good people who want to come work for him.

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
Which is a little odd since we haven’t actually had any success yet (not putting down our coaches at all).
I admit my knowledge of the game is limited to the basics of schemes. When others come knocking for staff like they have this off-season I take it as a good sign. Perhaps the results will not materialize. Perhaps it is only a season away. Time will tell.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
It's not "good" but they're getting steps up in position. As long as we have Lew we will have good people who want to come work for him.
Where are you hearing they are taking steps up in position? The article reads like they are making lateral moves to go back home.

Reed chose to leave Tech after 10 seasons, Seger accepted a position at Notre Dame and Thompson was hired at Louisiana-Lafayette, his alma mater, according to a person familiar with the situation. Seger’s new job will take him back to his home state of Indiana.
Is one of them taking a head S&C Coach position?

Probably not a big deal as we kept Caralla.

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
This could be a good thing.

My first thought was people were/are looking at Coach Lou and his philosophy...SO they hire his understudies.

That guy’s enthusiasm is contagious.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
The gainz have been well publicized. Measurables are literally....get this....measurable.

I don't think Cottrell makes an NFL roster without Coach Carrala, either.
Yes. Well publicized by the coach, he’s good at that. I wish he were as good at managing a clock as he is at telling me how many steps David curry took in a game, or how fast someone ran in practice. I’m not sure we always look faster/stronger though.

We have had some guys that gained weight. Will agree to that

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Reed is the biggest loss, but like you said, they're being promoted.
Seriously, where are you guys reading they are being promoted??? Sounds like they are making lateral moves to go back home. That's not a negative necessarily; but it's not like they are moving up to be the S&C Coach at another P5 program either.

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like
Seriously, where are you guys reading they are being promoted??? Sounds like they are making lateral moves to go back home. That's not a negative necessarily; but it's not like they are moving up to be the S&C Coach at another P5 program either.
The article just shows Reed as leaving. It doesn’t even mention he left for another position.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
I don't believe there's an article reporting it but IIRC, what I heard is Reed is getting out of CFB all-together, Seger is taking a head S&C job, and Thompson is moving home in what is basically a lateral move, but is expected to be groomed to be the successor to their current S&C coach who is near retirement.