Losing 3 S&C Assistants

aeromech

Dodd-Like
I don't believe there's an article reporting it but IIRC, what I heard is Reed is getting out of CFB all-together, Seger is taking a head S&C job, and Thompson is moving home in what is basically a lateral move, but is expected to be groomed to be the successor to their current S&C coach who is near retirement.
Ok, but Seger is taking a lateral to Notre Dame.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I don’t like the optics of what’s going on—coaches leaving for a crappy program like SC, players entering the transfer portal every week and what seem to be thus far a recruiting class that will finish in the 40’s. We need some more juice!

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
I don’t like the optics of what’s going on—coaches leaving for a crappy program like SC, players entering the transfer portal every week and what seem to be thus far a recruiting class that will finish in the 40’s. We need some more juice!
Hard to fairly judge this recruiting class when we’re taking at least 7 transfers which is directly limiting how many recruits we can take.

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
what coach left for sc? We lost a guy who had to find his own funding and got a full time gig with them. Sounds like he made a personal financial decision. Good for him.

And the kids entering the portal were on the wrong side of the roster. we need the space to sign more kids. This is big boy college football.

Last edited:

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
what coach left for sc? We lost a guy who had to find his own funding and found a full time gig with them. Sounds like he may a personal financial decision. Good for him.

And the kids entering the portal were on the wrong side of the roster. we need the space to sign more kids. This is big boy college football.
Yeah, D'Mo is awesome but I dunno that we were gonna match SC for a guy whose contributions may not have shown up in the W-L column. We have a surplus of vocal motivators (though I know his contributions on a personal level were more than that) We were lucky to keep him under the radar as long as we did.

The strength coaches outside of Lew are interchangeable.

Last edited:

ncjacket

Dodd-Like
DMo wasn’t a coach.

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
DMo wasn’t a coach.
He most absolutely was a life coach, a mentor, an ear, and a man with a ton of wisdom for players to rely upon outside of the coaching staff/parents- way more important than his hype speeches. Ask any player and they will probably agree.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
He most absolutely was a life coach, a mentor, an ear, and a man with a ton of wisdom for players to rely upon outside of the coaching staff/parents- way more important than his hype speeches. Ask any player and they will probably agree.
But he wasn't a paid staffer is what his point was. He was paid by the FCA. He is taking a considerable pay increase at USCe because he is officially on staff there under their athletic association. He also has family near the area. The point being is that he wasn't just "leaving for a crappy program." Much more to it than that.

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
But he wasn't a paid staffer is what his point was. He was paid by the FCA. He is taking a considerable pay increase at USCe because he is officially on staff there under their athletic association. He also has family near the area. The point being is that he wasn't just "leaving for a crappy program." Much more to it than that.
yeah, I agree with that.