Ludacris reports?

thracer

Varsity Lurker
I couldn’t make it, but haven’t heard many reports from those who attended. Lots of people? No problems? Good tunes? Good vibe?

YJA was nearly impassable. Huge crowd. I didn't see anything but the very beginning of the show from the Tech tower hill.

Seemed like his songs had a nice beat that the people could dance to. I hear Coit complained "he's no Benny Goodman"

frank-sinatra (1).gif

YJA was nearly impassable. Huge crowd. I didn't see anything but the very beginning of the show from the Tech tower hill.

Seemed like his songs had a nice beat that the people could dance to. I hear Coit complained "he's no Benny Goodman"
Very few are.

The fire Marshall shut down the entry on North Avenue. But when we left we saw a crowd lingering all the way down to Techwood. There were a lot of people.

It hopefully will be an ongoing series. The setting isn't ideal. Stages should be at the bottom of a hill, not the top, but I understand why it is where it is.

It would be nice if, someday, and I know those who park there would hate it, if Peter's could be demolished and a stage put at the far end in a park/festival like setting. Set up the recruiting and tailgating options there, mini-grove style. Get it back on campus. Seems kind of dumb to close down North Avenue when other areas are available.

When does the destruction of the Edge center start?

It hopefully will be an ongoing series. The setting isn't ideal. Stages should be at the bottom of a hill, not the top, but I understand why it is where it is.

It would be nice if, someday, and I know those who park there would hate it, if Peter's could be demolished and a stage put at the far end in a park/festival like setting. Set up the recruiting and tailgating options there, mini-grove style. Get it back on campus. Seems kind of dumb to close down North Avenue when other areas are available.

When does the destruction of the Edge center start?
Next year we need to get the performers inside the stadium playing pregame, maybe some of the music fans would buy a $19 ticket to see Outkast or Luda etc and stay for the game, plus it would get people in their seats earlier hopefully

Next year we need to get the performers inside the stadium playing pregame, maybe some of the music fans would buy a $19 ticket to see Outkast or Luda etc and stay for the game, plus it would get people in their seats earlier hopefully
The problem is inside the stadium doesn't have the same feel. It is kind of distant. When we had (can't remember) perform a decade or so ago at half, it was awful. Sound was bad. Energy was bad, since the fans were separated from the performer by the field and equipment.

I really wish we'd just get rid of Peter's parking and make a spot for a nice pregame experience. You wouldn't have to have the fire marshall close down anything that way.

If we ever want Metallica or Taylor Swift to play or pregame, we need to move it to the north end.

Just make the area outside the stadium where the concert is held a ticketed area. Sort of like a lobby before entering BDS for the game.

Just make the area outside the stadium where the concert is held a ticketed area. Sort of like a lobby before entering BDS for the game.
This. We need a large open area for this inside the ticket gates so that folks don't have the choice to go back to their tailgate before kickoff. Can't do it in the stadium though. Like JJ said, it feels too distant, and you also can't have the performers on the field anywhere because teams will be warming up.

This. We need a large open area for this inside the ticket gates so that folks don't have the choice to go back to their tailgate before kickoff. Can't do it in the stadium though. Like JJ said, it feels too distant, and you also can't have the performers on the field anywhere because teams will be warming up.

Tear down Peter's parking

Make that area a park like area.

Stage at the far end, facing south, a bit larger stage. Fence off the area for GameDay. No parking or traffic allowed in the area any longer.

Send one "pregame concert" download for each ticket purchased. Regular, non season ticket holders, can enter area once. If you leave, no reentry.

For season ticket holders, make a VIP section up front - season ticket holders only. Allow them to come and go into the area at will.

For a few extra bucks, sell a "side stage Gold Package" VIP with an included buffet and premium drinks available for purchase - for season ticket holders only. Allow them to come and go at will into and out of the area

I have been to a lot of festivals. This is how to do it.

Tear down Peter's parking

Make that area a park like area.

Stage at the far end, facing south, a bit larger stage. Fence off the area for GameDay. No parking or traffic allowed in the area any longer.

Send one "pregame concert" download for each ticket purchased. Regular, non season ticket holders, can enter area once. If you leave, no reentry.

For season ticket holders, make a VIP section up front - season ticket holders only. Allow them to come and go into the area at will.

For a few extra bucks, sell a "side stage Gold Package" VIP with an included buffet and premium drinks available for purchase - for season ticket holders only. Allow them to come and go at will into and out of the area

I have been to a lot of festivals. This is how to do it.
The problem is folks aren't there just for the concert, so the ones that purchase single game tickets will still only go in just for that, likely won't leave til it's over, then will still be late getting to their seats because they won't go straight to the stadium when they leave there. Need to make it "part of the stadium" so that you are already "in" when you go and don't get to leave that area then go to enter the stadium.

Tech recently published an updated campus master plan, and returning Peters to a park is apparently on the list of possibilities (along with a bunch of eco stuff and a bunch of social stuff about “underserved communities” that adjoin campus).

I skimmed the materials online and couldn’t find anything specific.

JRjr

Back