Lunch Bunch Report??

Yeah, he said he's resigning. No, wait a minute, that was just a really good dream...
blue.gif

A few notes from the lunch bunch with Dave Braine...

*Last season ended badly and we are ready to put it behind us. The season can't get here soon enough for himself and Chan.

*In so many words said Ball would be the starter (which we have already heard today). He said this shows that by having a freshman beat out a senior that won vs. Virginia and NC State that we have a very good starting qb.

*Expects us to have a good season and surprise a lot of people.

*There will be more emphasis on kick returns this season and blocking kicks.

*Not a lot of depth. Big key this season is to stay healthy.

*The academic situation will not hurt us as much as some people think especially when you add the two players from Morris Brown. Although said the academic situation was dissapointing and that steps were taken to see that it won't happen again....see summer school.

*Stadium expansion is slightly behind schedule but most everything...with the exception of a couple of elevators...will be ready by the Auburn game.

*We have some of the best facilities in the country.

*4 sellouts expected. Maryland and NC the exceptions. We are working to fill those up as well.

*Club seats haven't sold. Vacant seats will be given out as "comps" by the GTAA.

*8 conference games expected next season. Guess: 2 permanent ad 6 rotating teams. Schedule probably won't be known until sometime in Sept.

*Looks for seasons to go back to 11 games in the future.

*We are keeping a date open next season in case we need to add another ACC team. We could end up filling the slot with one of several Big East teams.

*Braine's opinion is that we WILL go with a 12th ACC team. I think he likes Boston College. Doesn't think they were treated well this go around.

thanks for the recap ghostbuster! i cudn't make it today.

what are "comps" by the GTAA regarding club seats? i think this is going to be a big problem .. and it's resolution is absolutely important

Originally posted by Ghostbuster of Bobby Dodd:
A few notes from the lunch bunch with Dave Braine...

*Last season ended badly and we are ready to put it behind us. The season can't get here soon enough for himself and Chan.

*Expects us to have a good season and surprise a lot of people

*The academic situation will not hurt us as much as some people think especially when you add the two players from Morris Brown. Although said the academic situation was dissapointing and that steps were taken to see that it won't happen again....see summer school.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">.
Hey ylojk8, did Braine mention when O'Leary was giving back the 1.5 million? By the way, that statement with Morris Brown and academics in the same sentence was pretty good. Keep up the good work.
BOO

Originally posted by ylojk8:
thanks for the recap ghostbuster! i cudn't make it today.

what are "comps" by the GTAA regarding club seats? i think this is going to be a big problem .. and it's resolution is absolutely important
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">From what I've heard: For a 1500.00 seat (does not include ticket) you get a free parking pass and access to the lounge. The lounge and restroom facilities are supposed to be top notch.

Also, you can have servers wait on you during the game at your seats and bring back your order. Also you get two free alcoholic (if that is your preference) drinks per game per ticket. Choices include beer or wine.

yeah .. i know about the perks .. what did braine mean when he said (and you paraphrased basically) that club seats have not been sold and vacant seats will be given out as "comps" by the gtaa?

those are the best seats in the house

yeah .. i know about the perks .. what did braine mean when he said and you paraphrased basically that club seats have not been sold and vacant seats will be sold as "comps" by the gtaa?

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">He said that the GTAA would be giving these tickets out as comps (no charge). Said we couldn't have that many empty seats.

daaaaaaaaayummm!

freebies for the best seats in the house.
that's a black eye for sure!

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:

By the way, that statement with Morris Brown and academics in the same sentence was pretty good. Keep up the good work.
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Dude, how about showing a little maturity instead of taking cheap shots? Gimme a damn break. How old are you? I know you're pretty old, but that was something a pre-teen would say.

daaaaaaaaayummm!

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You bet. Basically Seat-gate has given almost everyone a worse seat and is a failure.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ylojk8:
yeah .. i know about the perks .. what did braine mean when he said and you paraphrased basically that club seats have not been sold and vacant seats will be sold as "comps" by the gtaa?

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">He said that the GTAA would be giving these tickets out as comps (no charge). Said we couldn't have that many empty seats.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Hopefully these "comps" won't be given out to people who may farm them out to people in red for the end of the season.

Also, you can have servers wait on you during the game at your seats and bring back your order. Also you get two free alcoholic (if that is your preference) drinks per game per ticket. Choices include beer or wine.[/QB][/QUOTE]
-----------------------------------------

hmmm....So, lets see. If you had 4 season tickets, you could get 8 beers.....Not bad (How much would that be per beer over a season....)
drinking.gif

G'BBD,

Good report. Thanks for the info.

Interesting on "comps" for gold seats. Ylojk8, if you pick up some details on this, let us know; tks.

Originally posted by Gold Rush:
Also, you can have servers wait on you during the game at your seats and bring back your order. Also you get two free alcoholic (if that is your preference) drinks per game per ticket. Choices include beer or wine.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">-----------------------------------------

hmmm....So, lets see. If you had 4 season tickets, you could get 8 beers.....Not bad (How much would that be per beer over a season....)
drinking.gif
[/QB][/QUOTE]
Are the beers $1500 each?

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ylojk8:
daaaaaaaaayummm!

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You bet. Basically Seat-gate has given almost everyone a worse seat and is a failure.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yet some people blindly follow Braine wherever he leads! Briane speaks the truth, so just give your money and shut up.
pat.gif

This gold seat idea may be the worst ever.

At the expense of $3400 per year, you get 2 seats and 24 beers. You also get to kick out long time loyal fans that would not ante up to this bull@#it.

Is there anybody that does not think that these PSL's are aimed at corporate "clients", not fans?

Does anybody believe that Dave Braine cares who sits here, as long as they are paid for? I don't.

I keep asking myself what he has to do next to get fired. He is no friend to Tech!

I say lets get it over with. I hope that these premier seats are filled by Auburn fans. Certainly that will light the fuse to blow up Braine if its not already lit.
mad.gif

Originally posted by BEESerk:
yet some people blindly follow Braine wherever he leads! Briane speaks the truth, so just give your money and shut up.
pat.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">umm .. who made this statement? nobody is asking anybody to follow anybody blindly wherever they are being led or to just pony up $$ and shut up.

let me explain this to you once and for all in uncertain terms because you still seem to be hung up about your pledge renegement episode thinking that you were taking the right stand.

there is a difference between reneging a pledge and withdrawing your dollars because you don't support an AD. get this fact straight.

you make a pledge, you are honorbound to fulfil it. that is the definition of a pledge. if you don't believe me .. go look it up in a dictionary.

if you renege on a pledge, you are by definition dishonorable. if you renege on a pledge made to your alma mater, you are not just dishonorable .. you are a dishonorable filthy jerk.

there is a huge difference in reneging a pledge and withdrawing your general annual giving because you don't support an AD.

the pledge made was for a certain cause and is banked upon. you should have thought extremely hard before you signed off on a pledge, whether the cause is good, the person who's representing your alma mater while collecting the pledge dollars is good .. whether the going is good. once you signed off on it .. you are honorbound to fulfil it.

you made a statement about ADs and presidents and coaches come and go but fans like you will be always there cheering. well guess what .. even fans like you and me don't last forever. it's the institute that stays.

coaches, ADs, presidents and even fans come and go .. the stadium stays, the institute stays .. that was what the pledge was/is for.

stop taking cheap shots at pledges made to the "building a competitive advantage" program.

braine is not the best AD in the world. he has made obvious mistakes. he has also done good things to be fair to him. that doesn't mean that you can honorably renege on a pledge you signed off on.

fulfilling a pledge doesn't mean that you are blindly following braine and shutting up and giving him your money. it simply means that you are honoring a pledge you made .. not to braine .. but to georgia tech.

Back