Lunch Bunch Report??

I sit the "club" section, and I've got a very bad taste in my mouth. Tech is now reduced to giving these seats out for free, and I'm supposed to pay double for the seats next year?
During the reseating process anyone could see the club seating process was a total failure and Tech could have responded by opening the section back up to season ticket holders at a greatly reduce price, and put some Tech fans in that section.
A Tech staffer told me " Tech fans don't realize what these seats are worth. We are hiring a full time person to fill that section." I responded by asking: “You plan on surrounding me with enemy fans?”
Well if no sits in them they are worth squat. Someone needs to explain to Tech the simple laws of supply and demand.
Now we have a half empty section on the fifty.

Originally posted by Bibb Stinger:
I sit the "club" section, and I've got a very bad taste in my mouth. Tech is now reduced to giving these seats out for free, and I'm supposed to pay double for the seats next year?
During the reseating process anyone could see the club seating process was a total failure and Tech could have responded by opening the section back up to season ticket holders at a greatly reduce price, and put some Tech fans in that section.
A Tech staffer told me " Tech fans don't realize what these seats are worth. We are hiring a full time person to fill that section." I responded by asking: “You plan on surrounding me with enemy fans?”
Well if no sits in them they are worth squat. Someone needs to explain to Tech the simple laws of supply and demand.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Bibb, you should go to the ticket office and ask for your money back. Why should you pay for tickets that are now free?

Originally posted by Wrecked:

Bibb, you should go to the ticket office and ask for your money back. Why should you pay for tickets that are now free?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">i totally agree, i would be furious if i had paid for club seats only to find out that they will be given away for free now. that is just plain bull öööö.

all the folk that got club seats MUST be refunded the $1500 they paid to qualify to buy those seats.

this is really bad .. almost as bad as flunk-gate. demand and supply issues .. god .. whoever performed this study .. either reduce the # of club seats or reduce the dollar amount needed to qualify.

Originally posted by Wrecked:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by Bibb Stinger:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Bibb, you should go to the ticket office and ask for your money back. Why should you pay for tickets that are now free?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree, go back & ask for your $1500 back Bibb.. This scenario smacks of fraud.... lawbee, what do you think? Any legal recourse here?

Hey Guys:
A little update on the club seats. Season ticket holders sitting in the club section, just prior to reseating were given a credit for number of years in the section, decreasing the cost with more years, down to a minimum charge of $100.00 per seat.
In my case, I sat there for years, my cost basis per seat was reduced to $100. per seat.
The amount is then supposed to increase each year, till the total per seat charge gets back to $1500, after some number of years.
So people in the section have paid as little as $100. per seat. Some paid $1500, if they elected to move to the club section for the first time.

Hey Guys:
A little update on the club seats. Season ticket holders sitting in the club section, just prior to reseating were given a credit for number of years in the section, decreasing the cost with more years, down to a minimum charge of $100.00 per seat.
In my case, I sat there for years, my cost basis per seat was reduced to $100. per seat.
The amount is then supposed to increase each year, till the total per seat charge gets back to $1500, after some number of years.
So people in the section have paid as little as $100. per seat. Some paid $1500, if they elected to move to the club section for the first time.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">So then, why is it practically empty? Obviously, 1) the marketing didnt work 2) the perceived value wasnt there 3) it was a bad idea. Those are the facts as it stands now. We have Grade Gate, Ticket Gate, and he compares himself to Homer Rice...amazing.

Gnome HITS THE NAIL ON THE HEAD AGAIN!
shocked.gif

Ylo, go crawl back under your rock where you were behving nicely.

My post had NOTHING to do with the stadium expansion. It had NOTHING to do with the "pledge". We have been through that one already. You purposely read more into my post than what was there so you could stir up some more crap.

I was addressing Braine's overall leadership and policy making. The "pledge" was about the furthest thing from my mind when making that post.

Your apology is accepted.

UGAG season ticket holders I know have to cough up $600-800 per yr and be near the goal line.

Couple of thoughts as I find you are all fantastic TECH fans and that's wonderful...

TECH has a lot more in the cupboard than you think. I do feel the defense which should have been a strong point this season is thin and is facing four very formidable opponents in September. Be patient with your coach as he doesn't really have the needed depth to face the schedule he has to start the season. I think he's a good coach. He's hoping I am sure, that the offense keeps the defense off the field.

Chan is going with a freshman and relying on the skill of his line. My assumption is TECH will at least in the early stages try to shorten it's games and play smash mouth ball. That keeps them in the game and they have a chance to win. Long term, BALL has to step up and throw or teams will put 8 in the box and stuff TECH's running attack. As BALL (or Suggs) goes, so goes your season).

As for playing at altitude, I think it's only about 3,000 feet difference for you - not that big a deal. What is unusual is the depth of sky, the dryer air. There is a ton of monsoonal flow right now so Utah may be warm and damp like Atlanta. I don't believe it will have much affect on your team.

Finally, make no mistake about thinking that BYU isn't a big time program. They are not a BCS program. That is likely a matter of playing in a relative regional backwater (media obscurity). A team cannot divorce its geography. That's a shame because BYU belongs in a conference like the PAC-10 or BIG-12. That isn't likely to happen and religion plays an ugly bias against them at times. But BYU sells out that 65,000 seat stadium in an area of less than 1,000,000. Those fans laugh at the notion that GT has trouble selling out two of it's games in a 55,000 seat venue in downtown Atlanta which is in a Metro Area about 4 times the size of the Wasatch Front.

TECH fans will be treated nicely there, all comers are. Have fun, hope OUR team plays hard (I say that because I am still and always will be a huge TECH fan in spite of trying to be an objective journalist) and hope the best team truly wins. I don't like it when a team wins on 5th downs, bad calls or strange bounces - something impure about it and the game is almost a religion out there as well.

Last thing... How do you get a UGa graduate off your doorstep?

Pay him for mowing the lawn!
Pay him for delivering the pizza!
Pay him for cleaning the side yard!
Collect from him another year's license fee for his "Will Work for Food" franchise.
Pay him to wash the cars!
Pay him the ransom for bringing them back!
Pay him the money you owe him for the bet on last years game... (sorry about the last one but I am a writer too so I have to show some objectivity).

Hey Guys:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Hi Bibb: Welcome Aboard - just wondering, could you also say HEY GALS! Thanks so much!
wink.gif

MsTech, wouldn't you, being from the Northern region of this great country, infer that the "hey guys" salutation was all-gender-inclusive?

wink.gif

Sports Forum West...You hit things right on the head...

Overall, most GT fans are patient and will give Gailey time..He certainly deserves it,He has a great Track Record and is well thought of through out the NFL...

Ylo,

I see that I forgot to include a smiley face above with my post! Here it is:

tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Please accept my apology now!
grin.gif

Back