M. Johnson committs to GEORGIA TECH!!!!

ramblin_man

Jolly Good Fellow
This was just posted on gojackets.com....
Yes what a HUGE committment, been sweating this one out and is good to see that we've landed him...now if he will just sign the LOI we will be in business...Maybe this will be the one that starts off some real good news these next few days!!!! WELCOME TO GT Johnson...!!!!Link: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rockon.gif
http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=140&p=8&c=1&nid=1188750
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drink1.gif Cheers!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woot.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rockon.gif

Oh yea baby!

according to one of the other services

he committed a LONG time ago, there was some concern that he may look around, but he had already given a verbal commitment in August

Re: according to one of the other services

Maybe it should read "SOLIDIFIES HIS DECISION" same end result he is coming/staying at TECH!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Re: according to one of the other services

Not really in my mind.

By definition you are not committed to anyone unless you stop looking.

Michael Johnson announced today that he was not looking anymore and he would be a Jacket.

Now if we can get Taalib Tucker, Colin Peek, and John Russell !!

you imply that the blind follow the wise

the recruiting "experts" get their info from coaches, coaches and more coaches

why cant our coaches get any respect, that their judgement is put in question and we take the word of a guy who gets his info "second hand" from, ahem, coaches

btw, our coach worked in the NFL for about 15 yrs. you would think he has an eye for what it takes. Also, Tenuta and Geis also were in the pros

as it has been explained to me, by the time a guy gets an offer the position coach, the coordinator (OC or DC) AND Gailey have seen film on him and passed him -- thats 3 stars for me to any kid we offer, period

now on with reading what young, want-to-be coaches have to say about our future....

Outstanding news.

I was looking over his strength numbers and noticed that he benches 265 and power cleans 250. Something is fishy about the bench number - it seems too low. Either that or this guy, as good as he already is, is going to turn into a monster once our S&C folks get a hold of him.

Back