Can you imagine what kind of QB, Reggie
Ball or even A.J. Suggs would be under
the coaching of Ralph?

I have lived long enough to see what miracles
Ralph can work; i.e; Shawn Jones, Joe Hamilton
& George Godsey.

So make your jokes about the "Fridge", you
are lying to yourself if you say you would
not just love to have him as our Head Coach!!

Not me. Kinda like the nads more than Ralph Fridgen. Tired of Tech fans salivating over him like he salivates over the breakfast bar at Shoneys.

So JJ what miracles might we expect
from the present coaching staff for
our QB's??????????

I am kind of miffed because last year's
problems were blamed on Bill O'Brien.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, now who are we going to
blame????? Surely not from our curent
coaching staff!!!

Because CCG has already laid the groundwork,
that no matter how bad a season we have this
year, he is not at fault, simply because
he is playing a true Freshman at QB.

Beelieve what you want to beelieve, I have
seen and witnessed more GT football in 44
plus years of attending games than you
will ever dream about!!

I am not quiet as old as ASHO, but between he
and I we have seen it all!!

oldgoldbee, that's just stupid. Chan is responsible for whatever happens this year on the field. The only thing he may not be responsible for is the flunkouts, but you'll get a lot of arguing over that as well. Reggie is simply the best we have right now at QB.

Didn't realize that I wasn't as important of a Tech fan as you.

I don't expect miracles and I didn't expect to finish this season without blemishes, but I do expect hard work and continuous improvment. I am not going to waste my energy daydreaming about the Fridge.

Hey, I am not daydreaming about the Fridge,
but I am kind of tired hearing all the
jokes about him, because he lost last
a game last night!

And I have no qualms about Reggie Ball
because he is the best talent I have
seen at QB since Joe Hamilton!!!!

This kid is the "real deal!!!!!!!"

But having said that he will never realize
his talent under the current coaching
regime.

I make light of the Fridge partly because of how some worship him, not necessarily you, but some, and because the man just flat out refuses to make an effort to take care of himself.

I agree that Ball is a great talent with exceptional poise and speed. We'll see if the staff will get his full potential out of him. I believe they will work hard to do that and won't write them off after his first game.

It's this way men, the Fridge is gone, O'Liar is gone so lets shut to hell up about em, and when they come into BDS lets kick the A-- and send home with their tails between their legs. Are you guys not tired of hearing that the Fridge wold have done this or done that I don't see him winning the nat championship!

You're tired of hearing the jokes about him?!

The reason there are jokes is because there has been so much mooning over him and whining about him and presentation of orifices to him by so many "fans" who don't seem to have the guts to pull for the actual coach and team we have NOW. The jokes are about US, about our fans, about you being a whineybutt; not really about RF.

He's a good coach. He's GONE.

Naw Belly, I'm just tired of if we had the Fridge, if we had O'Liar they are gone they are the enemy now, and if frogs had wings they would not bump thier bottom side when they jump either.

Originally posted by oldfoggy:
It's this way men, the Fridge is gone, O'Liar is gone...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Agreed.....anyone, and I do mean anyone, that has watched us since last season is already painfully aware that our wonderful ex-coaches are gone.

I, for one, certainly miss the 5 straight bowl games, and more impressively, the 5 straight TOP 25 finishes.

Sadly, it seems like such a distant memory and getting more distant by the minute.

As the Grateful Dead sang, "All a friend can say is ain't it a shame."

EDIT for Black Watch: Click here for 2001 Final AP Poll Link
EDIT for spellingbee: Click here for 1997 Final AP Poll Link

Did i miss something?? Didnt we go to a bowl last year in spite of losing Tony Hollings to injury??

Correct me if im wrong, but i dont think Oleary in 2001 his last year here (By the way again without the Fridge) have us finish in the top 25??

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Did i miss something?? Didnt we go to a bowl last year in spite of losing Tony Hollings to injury??

Correct me if im wrong, but i dont think Oleary in 2001 his last year here (By the way again without the Fridge) have us finish in the top 25??
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Are you trying to say you are proud that we can display the Silicon Valley Bowl Banner and its result?

We have not been to a bowl since the Peach, and that is nothing to brag over. The point is why talk about the fridge. We had a chance to give him the job but beeing such smart "Tech Men" we hired bill lewis instead. So why even bring it up now? If CG fails, and I pray he does not, then we need to set our sights on someone better than the fridge. Wonder why some people who supposedly support GT do not think we deserve better?

Texstinger...
I disagree with a lot of your posts BUT, Im with you on this:

If Chan fails (I still think he certainly like Ross desrves 4 to 5 years) we should ALWAYS set our sights HIGH in the search for a Head Coach...

I certainly would want someone unlike Fridge that could beat Northern Illinois and to go a litte further a Coach that can beat Fsu whom neither Ralph nor George has EVER beaten nor will Ralph EVER BEAT FSU

originally posted by beeware

the 5 straight TOP 25 finishes.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">1997 was not a top twenty-five finish; that would negate what you purport.

A better measure anyway would be the final polls as compared to the pre-seasaon polls; that is where it is disappointing. Indeed it is a shame.

Originally posted by oldgoldbee:
a game last night!

regime.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">If the Fridge wanted to come back to GT, I would personally pick him up at the airport with a family size order of Kentucky Fried Chicken and a case of PBR if that is what he wanted.

That being said I am sick of him kicking our ass and don't mind seeing him lose a game or two.

Originally posted by goldmember:
If the Fridge wanted to come back to GT, I would personally pick him up at the airport with a family size order of Kentucky Fried Chicken and a case of PBR if that is what he wanted.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Man, are you welcoming him back or making him stay overnight in a hospital?

Originally posted by goldmember:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by oldgoldbee:
a game last night!

regime.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">If the Fridge wanted to come back to GT, I would personally pick him up at the airport with a family size order of Kentucky Fried Chicken and a case of PBR if that is what he wanted.

That being said I am sick of him kicking our ass and don't mind seeing him lose a game or two.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You'd probably need more than that. He'd have that polished off by the time you got to Turner Field.

Back