Marcus Marshall

BuckNasty

Damn Good Rat
Marshall was comparable to Benson and Mason/Howard are comparable to both. Mills was a tick above and he is the one we really miss, IMO.
That is what I was thinking. Did he transfer just because he wouldn't be the featured back?

The Mills loss cost us a bowl. All over a some ööööing plant!

TypicalTechFan

Damn Good Rat
Marshall was comparable to Benson and Mason/Howard are comparable to both. Mills was a tick above and he is the one we really miss, IMO.
Respectfully disagree. Marshall was more comparable to Dwyer. Speed and Power. There was a play on the final drive in Athens in 2016 when Marshall broke 4 tackles and then carried a mutt on his back for 10 yards a few plays before Searcy went airborne. It was a punishing run. None of the guys mentioned have shown they can do that against any noteworthy opponents. Marshall also had jets in the open field something Benson doesn’t. Losing Marshall hurt more than losing Mills, in my opinion.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
Marshall felt he stayed in CPJ’s dog house, first over fumbling, then over blocking. Mills seemed to be preferred in spite of the issues with him. The final straw was the UVA win, where Marshall was great running the football. CPJ was livid with him over blocking issues. I think over a four year career Marshall would have been the best runner in our offense since Dwyer. CPJ seems to have a doghouse that it is hard to ever get out of once you get in. Howard seems the most recent occupant. Our coach preferred Mills to Marshall and ended up losing both. To think we have not missed them both is ridiculous.

OmnipoTech

Jolly Good Fellow
Marshall was more comparable to Anthony Allen imo, who everybody seems to forget was just as much a stud as Dwyer was.