Mark Bradley Hammers Tech (Link)...

DawgByte

Varsity Lurker
"It's a one-program state now. Georgia gets whomever it wants. Georgia has stopped recruiting and has begun simply choosing. Georgia can point to its SEC championship rings. What can Georgia Tech point to? The Dave Braine letter of admitted disappointment and renewed commitment?"

I don't understand why he is constantly hammering you guys, it is not as though nobody from Tech reads the AJC. Pretty harsh words. In another article the AJC rates your class a B-. I'm sure some Jacket fans will not be renewing their subscriptions to the AJC any time soon.

Bradley

He's selling papers. He's using a journalistic device which amounts to "conflict creates interest".

"What can Tech point to?" makes my point. This is such a ludicrous question, particularly as a rhetorical one, that the writer is clearly fishing for controversy. Just as Dawgbyte is.

i will steer clear of this bait. i hope my fellow fishies do too

Well, it is the truth[ Bradley's column ]. Sometimes the truth hurts. Chan made a strategic retreat from the state and concentrating on Fla & TX, managed to salvage the recruiting class. Chan made the most of a bad situation. Hats off to him and his staff for, as Bradley points out, it is very difficult to recruit out-of-state.

I want to clarify that I don't agree with everything Bradley said, just the part that East Ga. U. owns the state now. Tech can point with with pride to this recruiting class, especially the Georgia kids that did sign with us.

wasn't bark madly just a couple of years ago proclaiming how tech had seized football supremacy in the state? he writes his columns much the same way as a bookie adjusts the line.
keep all parties in the fray.....and do as belly said. sell papers.

I don't think GT fans should have too much of a beef with the AJC. Bisher's been a GT homer for 50 years.Hollis, Arey, etc. have been pretty positive about GT sports as beat writers go. Not exactly Woodward and Bernstein types looking for negative stuff like some of the guys that have covered UGA. The race obsessed AJC would fawn over Hewitt if he ever wins big although he may have to take on a more "angry black" personna to win Terry Moore's heart
smile.gif
. I think Hummer's pretty even handed and sometimes amusing. I think Bradley's pretty entertaining if you recognize his agent provocateur act for what it is. Schultz is a waste of ink. Some of the others -Barnhart, Fish, Wilkinson, and Slackback etc do some decent work.

First, what subscription? Second, meluvugaglongtime, you do not think GT fans have to much to beef about the ajc? Wonder how ugager's would react if the ajc had the daughter of the GT HC as a writer (like they did the daughter of a ugag hc), or if a former GT HC was a columnist for the ajc (like a former HC at ugag was), or if the child of a ajc writer was allowed a scholarship to GT but another writer's child was not allowed by ajc bosses to accept a scholarship to ugag (as was the reverse case in real life), or if an alcoholic pro GT writer made some smart ass comment about the ugag team plane crashing (as the lizzard did about GT's team plane)? Ugager's would be killing themselves over this keyrap. I am glad that I can not care less what the ball licking leg humpers at the ajc think.

Much as I dont like Bradley, this particular article is true. When you get blasted 51-7 you have to expect us to get it rubbed in by the bulldog fawning media. The best way to shut them up is to win on the field - that settles the whole issue. Being competitive is the next best thing. Dont expect sympathy, this is a contact sport and Georgia and Fresno State were keeping score. I recommend the next time we play Georgia we strap the jock strap on a little tighter, ratchet up the intensity level and stop claiming the game doesnt matter as much. Until then we need to stop the whining, lest we sound like Georgia when we were kicking their ass.

I can't believe that any educated, logic based individual still reads the AJC... I've not read it in a very long time... I've got my internet and I go find the news in any number of areas... domestic and international...
I grew up with an extrememly liberal rag known as the San Francisco Chronicle and always enjoyed reading it... Unfortunately the AJC is nothing more than canned phrases made into 8 paragraphs surrounded by too much advertising...
AND the Sports columnists seem more concerned with the reaction they get than actually concentrating on interesting thought for discussion...
For anyone to continue to give money to the AJC and continue to complain about how lousy it is doesn't understand basic free market concepts...
just my two cents...

Originally posted by casbah62:
I can't believe that any educated, logic based individual still reads the AJC... just my two cents...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">casbah, I know what you're saying, but seated right now in a high school classroom, the only "logic-based individual" I see is this Gateway.

Nice point Belly'... although I am made up of mostly water and a handful of other atoms I try to be as logical as possible while I retrieve information...
I know you're humoring me but my point is that so many folks allow themselves to get worked up about the drivel that is the AJC... The AJC's journalistic quality is far below many other news services, many of the articles in any number of sections are poorly written and even more poorly researched, and more often than not the sports columnists simply rely on 'knee-jerk' reaction from so many readers to sell the paper...
I gave up reading the AJC several years ago because most of the information and opinions are simply worthless... I didn't even go to the link provided above I already know that the coloumnist does not present useful information, does not present the information that is there well, nor does the columnist draw a logical conclusion... what I do know is that people will get upset and rant and rave and nothing will come from it...

The AJC editorial page is worse than the sports section. Overall it is a pisspoor rag. Too bad the ATlanta Times didn't make it.

I don't think so rubbish is really worth a scathing reply. I feel I must restrain myself and save my energy for another time.

ok......so I lied...

That is just hype.....nothing more. Marky-Mark is just trying to get a rise out of Tech Fans. Tech has been a far more reputable program than Georgia for years now. A couple years in the lime light does not automatically make them "Gods" of college football.

Back