Mark Richt's Enduring Legacy

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
Gentlemen,
In the honor of hate week, I provide to you the comprehensive list of NCAA violators, drunks, potheads, girlfriend beaters, molesters, obstructionists, and thieves that are the product of the cesspool in Athens since Mark Richt took over in 2001.

Mark Richt: tough on crime or an eye for bad apples? You decide.

VNzpiEb.jpg

Well, I posted a drunk tard thread last night so I can't hate on u for posting a drunk tard thread tonight

Whole bunch of those guys were big time recruits. So many of them contributed solely to Fulmer Cup standings.

Richt and Georgia put in these character education classes for the players ... and that was at the start of the year that ended with the selling of the bowl memorabilia.

He has also wasted more talent than any coach in America. Imagine what UGA would be like if Nick Saban or Urban Meyer was coaching them over the past decade.

I love that the 1 game suspension was the go-to punishment. And, if you look at what the different crimes were and who got 1 game suspension vs. who got removed from team - I bet you all my paychecks next year it had more to do with how contrite the player seemed to Richt than the actual crime itself. Act like you are sorry, 1 game suspension.

The only possible way this list could be any better if is the 1 game suspension sentence also listed which opponent the player DNP against. It'd be a string of North Texas, Samford, and other tiny teams that they would beat with just 2nd stringers.

Meh.

Take out all the alcohol related incidents except for DUI and the list is half the size.

Meh.

Take out all the alcohol related incidents except for DUI and the list is half the size.

Or, you could count them and realize there are only 8 incidents on the list that are alcohol related that aren't DUI.

Is this a fair estimate: 88players / ( 14 years x 20 scholarships / year ) = 30+% of players.

What's CPJ's list look like?

One of my childhood friends is on that list. I would be too if I was on their team. Non DUI alcohol offenses in college is kind of meh, tbh.

What is so wrong with selling your bowl ring? I mean it is their property, correct? While it might be in bad taste, there's nothing illegal about that whatsoever. There's plenty enough without reaching. That only makes us look petty.

What is so wrong with selling your bowl ring? I mean it is their property, correct? While it might be in bad taste, there's nothing illegal about that whatsoever. There's plenty enough without reaching. That only makes us look petty.

A bit like selling your signature. Nothing really wrong with it per se except that it's expressly against NCAA rules.

A bit like selling your signature. Nothing really wrong with it per se except that it's expressly against NCAA rules.

I'm not so sure. The issue with the signatures is moreso with the 'items' used. The grey area exists that the individual does not 'own' the copyrighted logos, etc. or hold licenses for such. In Gurley's example, he does not own the rights to the 'G', the jersey design, the helmet design, etc. As it stands now, there is no way to control (tax) this type of business. Therefore, illegal. Selling one's own individual property is not illegal, and should not be in any form. We've had some of our own guys selling rings and such on ebay. Hate to see it, for those items should be keepsakes that can be passed down to future generations as a legacy. But who am I to judge why those things are done. It's none of my business.

trophies are supposed to be non-monetary awards for amateur success. They're supposed to be "priceless." Selling them as property is a way around this and is essentially paying someone for achievements earned as an amateur.

That's my understanding of the reasoning.

Back