Mass exodus from Maryland

ricejacket

Damn Good Rat
Edsall is going to have to recruit the Maryland Rec Leagues if this keeps up.

Like flies, three more Maryland players leave program

Posted by Ben Kercheval on December 7, 2011, 6:47 AM EST
maryland-logo.jpg
Wow.
Roster attrition isn’t unusual for a first-year coach, but Maryland coach Randy Edsall is having to deal with plenty of it.
At the very least, the transfer news is coming in bunches.
According to a school release, running backs Rahsaan Moore and Jeremiah Wilson, as well as defensive back Titus Till, have left the program to pursue other playing opportunities.
“We appreciate the effort of all three of these young men and wish them nothing but the best in their future endeavors,” Edsall said.
The latest departures come one day after offensive lineman R.J. Dill decided to transfer, and five days after running back D.J. Adams announced his intentions to move on.

Have to think that O'Brien is considering transferring too

I'm confused as to why O'Brien isn't already gone. Maybe he's got unrealistic expectations of where he's going to transfer?

22 IIRC. If I'm not mistaken, he was a senior. Unless that was some other dynamo tackler. We only made like 4 of them this year so it's easy to get them confused.

Vellano was a junior this past year, and a first-team all ACC. It was 20 tackles he had against us, although his old man (also a Terp) once had 23 in a game against Duke.

Felt like 60 tackles anyway. :lol: Hopefully [insert Vad stuff here] and then it won't be a problem.

“We appreciate the effort of all three of these young men and wish them nothing but the best in their future endeavors,” Edsall said.

I've been around a long time. I can pretty much tell you that when a company/team/organization/etc. uses the phrase 'future endeavors' in their farewell notice, it pretty much translates to 'don't let the door smack you in the arse on the way out.'

I have a good buddy up here - MD grad and as loyal to the Terps as we are to Tech. He is almost suicidal over what is happening to MD football. I keep telling him Edsall is a good guy and knows his football. But even I am starting to wonder what the hell is going on over there.

I've been around a long time. I can pretty much tell you that when a company/team/organization/etc. uses the phrase 'future endeavors' in their farewell notice, it pretty much translates to 'don't let the door smack you in the arse on the way out.'

I have a good buddy up here - MD grad and as loyal to the Terps as we are to Tech. He is almost suicidal over what is happening to MD football. I keep telling him Edsall is a good guy and knows his football. But even I am starting to wonder what the hell is going on over there.

Hiring Edsall was a gigantic mistake.

Is that after what we have seen since he got there or did you think that as soon as he was hired?

Thought that the second they fired Fridge to bring excitement to the program and ended up hiring a ööööty coach.

Thought that the second they fired Fridge to bring excitement to the program and ended up hiring a ööööty coach.
My thoughts exactly. Both my daughters are UMD grads and I told them this was going to be ugly. To me Edsall is a plodder. He preaches fundamentals but I can't see him winning unless he simply has better players than everyone else.

My thoughts exactly. Both my daughters are UMD grads and I told them this was going to be ugly. To me Edsall is a plodder. He preaches fundamentals but I can't see him winning unless he simply has better players than everyone else.
with that many good schools in NC, you paid out-of-state for Maryland? :biggrin:

"Here is the plan guys: Lets fire the man who was just named ACC coach of the year with a freshman QB and hire a guy who never won more than 8 games at his current job"

What did they expect? Edsall is half the coach the Fridge is (literally and figuratively).

Maryland is going to be a joke for the next couple years. The Fridge has to be laughing it up at Edsall now.

Back