Mass exodus from Maryland

Firing Fridge was wrong, but what's so bad about Edsall? What has he done to make everyone go so negative on our former guy?

From everything I've heard, Edsall has been a complete jerk to a lot of the players and staff, and for that he loses my respect.

Not gonna lie, but every time I see gtzulu trying to defend someone (not saying he is in this case), I think of this person:

britney-fans.jpg

This is Al Groh's back yard, right? I'm hoping maybe he can scoop up some of dissatisfied.

Thought that the second they fired Fridge to bring excitement to the program and ended up hiring a ööööty coach.

I seriously think that part of it is the whole new image, the underarmor marketing machine they have going on up there, the same way nike has Oregon. And Ralph is a big ole fat dude who doesn't fit the underarmor brand image, so they replaced him.

This is Al Groh's back yard, right? I'm hoping maybe he can scoop up some of dissatisfied.

And have them sit out two years? Transferring players are generally not allowed to transfer in conference without sitting out two years vs. the one if they go elsewhere.

And have them sit out two years? Transferring players are generally not allowed to transfer in conference without sitting out two years vs. the one if they go elsewhere.

This.

BUT, maybe this will open up recruiting in that area. Can't imagine too many VA/MD/DC-area recruits being attracted to a program where so many players are clearly unhappy. Again, MD failed when they didn't pick up Leach.

Edsell is just opposite fridge in coaching style, he is a lot more militaristic than most. That management style has the ability to rub people the wrong way. He is probably glad these people are leaving because now he can start building the program the way he wants.

Edsell is just opposite fridge in coaching style, he is a lot more militaristic than most. That management style has the ability to rub people the wrong way. He is probably glad these people are leaving because now he can start building the program the way he wants.

That's like saying "it's a good thing our starting center tore his ACL, now more people get to practice at playing center now!"

I'd love to get RB D.J. Adams. He is a former local product out of Norcross H.S. Good player.

Wonder if the Terps would allow him to transfer to another ACC school?

This.

BUT, maybe this will open up recruiting in that area. Can't imagine too many VA/MD/DC-area recruits being attracted to a program where so many players are clearly unhappy. Again, MD failed when they didn't pick up Leach.

Do you think the disgruntled players would be any happier locked in a closet?

Recruiting in this area has been open for a while now. UMd really hasn't recruited all the well in their backyard (MD/DC). Penn State/VT/UVa in particular have done well here, as have selected SEC programs (FL, UGA) plus random schools like Illinois (under Zook).

Look at what GT has done in this area since Al Groh came on staff.

Guys, this is much ado about nothing. We had a major exodus when PJ came in too. Lots of schools have a major exodus. The young players leaving is a tough sign for Edsall, but he's a good coach and will do well.

Didn't we have a few guys do the same thing when Paul Johnson was hired?

Only, we actually won some football games afterwards. That probably counts for something...

Back