Master B or another recruiting guru about OL

Indian Buzz

Varsity Lurker
We believe that we are in prett good shape with Yates-Cunningham and Price. Those would be two HUGH, literally and figuratively signing for Chan. However, how is are recruiting of Donovan Davis from MS coming? From reading theinsiders, we are going against UGA, Mississippi State, and others. Also, what happened to Brandon Nixon? He seemed to want to commit to Tech immediately. Anyway, I love how Chan is after some guys with some serious size.

Not MB, buuuuuuut..... :>)......

Donovan Davis is visiting 1/10. He's at The 'Pool this weekend, was at UT last weekend, and has a visit scheduled 1/17 to Miss St. The last mention of 'faves' I've seen still has a top 5 of the NATS, ugag, MSU, LSU and AU.

Nixon was calling us the leader early on.....and still wants to schedule a visit.....but is now saying NCSU and MD are running even. We have yet to (reportedly) offer Brandon, as he's yet to get a Q-score.

Hey Buzz, thanks for the help. I can see us having a OL like the Cowboy lines Emmitt used to run behind--4 big dudes over 300 lbs with a quality center. Chan seems to be doing a good job upgrading our size. I like it.

The latest IYC report had us as his leader!! This was after an in home w/ Al Groh w/ UVa our biggest competition. Granted, he is visiting UVa next, but Gailey still has the in home with him. Also of mention, which is curious, DDavis lists us for a visit, but not in his present top 5. Huge weekend for the Jackets. Studs on campus.

I think Buzzfan has it pretty much down on those two. As for my gut feelings: Davis is an interesting case. I don't really think we'll get him in the end but, like Sklyer, we just keep hanging around his list. The fact that he's visiting shows that there is mutual interest. If we can capitalize on some of this momentum we seem to be getting, maybe Davis could be swayed. The thing in our favor is that he is already high on our acedemics and that's important to him as he wants to be an engineer (IIRC). I hope Nixon gets his scores in order b/c I think he's a good prospect and he has liked us all along.

Does Miss St have any engineering? I thought I saw that he was leaning toward MSU. MSU and high on academics--almost comical.

Price's father told me David was leaning to GT. I'll take his word for it.

For those of you who don't know I live in Jackson, MS rignt now and am from MS (the coast). My uncle is a huge booster for Ole Miss, and he said that Coach Cut told my unlce he would be very surprised if D. Davis went out of state. Most of the sources I have around here say it is a toss up between OM and MSU with LSU nipping at the heels. I have seen him play one and he will be a good guard. His foot work isn't the best but he can run block very well. I hope Coach Gailey could pull this one out, because it would be an upset. The only other MS boy that I think this coaching staff is recruiting is Jeremy Young a QB from Jackson. I don't think he will get an offer because we have already signed 2 and are recruiting Pat Carter really hard. I have seen Young play to and he is very good too. I don't think he is near the talent Bilbo was when Bilbo was a senior at Moss Point (I saw him play alot in high school too). If you guys have any other questions about any other MS high school recruits, I do have a few inside sources with coaches and OM boosters, so I would be glad to answer them.

On another note in another reply Lawbee asked me how law school was going. If I get through finals the next week and a half it will be fine. I actually kinda enjoy it. It is so much more interesting than civil engineering. Thanks for asking.

I hope you all have a good Christmas!

Good luck on those finals, MissJacket!

BTW, what's the local word on Sen. Lott?

Regarding David Price: from the interviews it sounds like Miss. St. might have used some in-home visits recently to make a big push with promises of early playing time and evidently telling him he was their number one priority at that position. That's a pretty bold promise considering they've had two straight crappy, non-bowl seasons and Sherrill will definitely be on the hot seat next year, and that's a big IF in regards to his survival between now and then.

Originally posted by bellyseries:
Good luck on those finals, MissJacket!

BTW, what's the local word on Sen. Lott?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Thanks, I need that luck. I think I would be doing alot better if it weren't for this board and, oh yea, my short attention span. As for Sen. Lott, the only reason he gets re-elected is because he has so much power and it helps the state of MS. He sticks his foot in his mouth every other time he opens the d*** thing. He went to law school with my dad and was a fraternity brother of one of my uncles and neither one of them likes him to much. Also a few of my really good friends worked and still work in his office and said Sen. Lott is always saying stuff like this and doing stupid things that you would not expect from someone in his position. I won't get into what I think of him, but atleast he has keep every single military base open in MS and has gotten MS alot of Fed. money. Oh well, you take the good with the bad.

See ya.

Take your political discussion to the Off-Topic Forum. It doesn't belong here, and as you can see, it has ruined a good recruiting thread. Why do I even need to point this out?

They have a College of Engineering, but I wouldn't consider it to be on the level of an AU or even UF.

Originally posted by GTechsta:
Does Miss St have any engineering? I thought I saw that he was leaning toward MSU. MSU and high on academics--almost comical.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yea, that is pretty funny.

Back