Maybe some people are underestimating..

BLACK WATCH

Helluva Engineer
Reggie Ball...
Steak and the gang from 790 the zone were at practice..Not that he is an expert..But He said that Ball is ahead of Hamilton at this stage..Totally impressed..I know its WAY TOO EARLY..To come to concrete conclusions..But i think Gailey has been around a LONG time and probably sees a winner at QB when he sees one...I know he is a true Frosh..But Phillip Rivers was too. Rivers slowly has gotten better and better every game and every season...If we stay healthy we ARE going to be exciting to watch...Wont that make Bark Madley more mad????

I haven't seen Ball practice, but i hope his throwing arm is nothing like Rivers.

That's good to hear. Reggie's going to turn more than a few heads.

Already there are critics that slam young Ball about his unorthodox throwing motion. There was an article recently that told about UGA assistant Mike BOBO telling young Ball that the DAWGS would not recruit him as a QB because of his throwing motion. I remember Coach Whack Hyder recruited a hotshot basketball player from Indiana by the name of Buddy Blemker. Everybody called young Blemker COWBOY BLEMKER because he shot his jump shots from the hip. Blemker explained how he acquired his unorthodox shot. He said that he played BB when he was so young that he couldn't get the ball all the way to the hoop so the strange shot enabled him to do so. I don't have to tell the old Tech fans about how good this kid was because they remember that he could flat burn the nets from the inside as well as downtown. It would seem that anyone shooting from the hip would get his shots blocked but that just wasn't the case with this kid. I said all that to say I don't think the unorthodox delivery of young Ball will in anyway be a detriment to him developing into a top QB. Just take a look at Philip Rivers as another example of a successful QB that was cut from a different mold. During his recruitment many schools as well as Auburn and Alabama did not recruit young Rivers because he did not possess a prototype delivery. I would imagine that they wish they had now and I think that young Reggie will have the BOYS in Athens rethinking their evaluation of this kid before it is all said and done.

There's a reason why Mike Dodo is a QB coach at UGAy and not in the NFL... it's called lack of talent.

Big Buck, I remember Buddy Blemker, he was a very good shooter, even with unorthodox style.

Do you remember Benny Register? He shot the two handed set shot from way out. Too bad there were no three points at that time. He put more arch on the ball than any basketball player I have seen on his two handed set shot, but he was accurate.

Yeah, I know, this should be on the basketball category.

Father Time

....and we all know that Mike Bobo is the final authority on QB talent.....
rolleyes.gif

Back