Mcgarity

79tech

Damn Good Rat
I don't dislike the guy and do think he did a decent job. There are some things I don't beleive 1) I don't beleive it was his decision alone on whether to retain or fire Richt. . 2) It was pretty well known Richt was on the hot seat after the GT loss - he almost got fired then. I know that from a very reliable source inside the UGA Foundation 3) Losing Smart to USCE would have started an uproar. 4) Raising money is not that difficult at Georgia. Particularly if winning like they have been.

My girlfriend's son wrote for the Red and Black when he was at UGA and covered sports. He wrote an editorial critical of changes to the UGA student ticketing policy. McGarity called and told him that from then on, any articles he wrote would need to be approved by McGarity. Girlfriend's son told him to pound sand, that he would write whatever he wanted, the Red and Black is independent of the athletic department.
McGarity can öööö off

1606869223979.png

Any time a Ugag AD just up and resigns/retires, it makes me wonder if there's some hidden scandal we don't know about - yet. Stay tuned...

I think it’s because soon there will be mounting pressure for Kirby to win the big one. And when he doesn’t he’d have to fire another coach.

I don't dislike the guy and do think he did a decent job. There are some things I don't beleive 1) I don't beleive it was his decision alone on whether to retain or fire Richt. . 2) It was pretty well known Richt was on the hot seat after the GT loss - he almost got fired then. I know that from a very reliable source inside the UGA Foundation 3) Losing Smart to USCE would have started an uproar. 4) Raising money is not that difficult at Georgia. Particularly if winning like they have been.

Why are UGAG grads so rich? Who knew there were such fortunes to be found in AA studies and abnormal pysch?

Makes no sense to me that UGAG could be so wealthy and GT could be so dirt poor.

Why are UGAG grads so rich? Who knew there were such fortunes to be found in AA studies and abnormal pysch?

Makes no sense to me that UGAG could be so wealthy and GT could be so dirt poor.
It’s also a numbers game. Not only do you have wealthy politicians and old alumni’s in positions of power but you’ve got little granny’s and poppas over the state that sign their $100 check to Georgia every year without attending a game. They have sidewalk money.

It’s also a numbers game. Not only do you have wealthy politicians and old alumni’s in positions of power but you’ve got little granny’s and poppas over the state that sign their $100 check to Georgia every year without attending a game. They have sidewalk money.
That, and a lot of Tech grads are cheap bastards that squeeze the pennies so they can attempt to die rich someday

It’s not that at all. It’s about priorities. Their fans value football wins over degree. They have also managed to tie into donations from a lot of bubba types who have no alumni ties to the university but have been very successful as trade contractors or running daddy’s small town business. Those people tie their entire identity to uga football wins.

Our alums with buying power tend to pour their money toward academics. I wish that would tilt some toward athletics but it never will.

Why wouldn't there be a ton of old rich Tech alumnis and old Tech almunis in position of power? On average, Tech grads are ten times smarter than dumbass dwag grads.

It’s not that at all. It’s about priorities. Their fans value football wins over degree. They have also managed to tie into donations from a lot of bubba types who have no alumni ties to the university but have been very successful as trade contractors or running daddy’s small town business. Those people tie their entire identity to uga football wins.

Our alums with buying power tend to pour their money toward academics. I wish that would tilt some toward athletics but it never will.
That sounds like a good, but sad and pathetic, explanation. Thanks.

Why wouldn't there be a ton of old rich Tech alumnis and old Tech almunis in position of power? On average, Tech grads are ten times smarter than dumbass dwag grads.
What if I told you, and hear me out on this, the kind of student tech takes in isn’t a football fan in that they are a fanatic?

What if I told you, and hear me out on this, the kind of student tech takes in isn’t a football fan in that they are a fanatic?
Remember the football outreach effort a few years ago? Facepalollm

“But that’s the tough thing about being in a leadership position. Sometimes, it’s not the best thing for the individuals; you have to do what’s best for the institution. At that time, I thought it was the best thing for us.”

That has proved true.

1606875837863.jpeg

Back