Md. should be our only loss! It is so hard

bizzybee

Damn Good Rat
to forget the stupid losses to Clem., FSU, and Wake at home! How close we came to having just one loss. Perhaps it would help if we played the entire game for a change. At halftime, the game is not over!!

If our O plays as vanilla against UGA, and we throw an int.or two, we just better hope we don't get blown out!! I hate it when I hear coach puts a lid on O the 2nd half. It makes me so mad I just want to spit!!

I do not know if we will be on nat'l TV, but if we embarrass ourselves like we did against Md., it will be a shame.
drinking.gif
puke.gif

Yep, it's a CBS national telecast. We have the priviledge of having Verne Lundquist calling the game. He's one of the best play-by-play guys in the business and I can't ever remember him doing a Tech game.

Back to your one loss thoughts - I've thought about that too. It's been a turnover that's killed us every time this year (the Wake game was essentially over when Suggs couldn't recover the bad snap). How many times have said "oh, we're just x amount of points from having this many losses" over the last 5 years? Think about it. We were 7 pts away from starting 9-0 last year. We lost 2 games in 2000 by 12 pts. We were about 14 pts away from being 11-1 instead of 7-5 in 1997. We rarely (Md this year, UGA last year being exceptions) get blown out. We are almost always right there, but can't seem to finish for a variety of reasons.

JJ, lately we have started the game with a score and faded out from that point. Putting a lid on O the 2nd half of UConn and Duke was a bad mistake, IMO. What other football programs in today's environment does that, pray tell? It makes for bad habits.
mad.gif

The worst season of all for close losses was 1960 when we lost four games by a total of five points and one game, Duke, by a 6-0 score. Five losses by a total of 11 points...unbelievable. Several of those losses came as a result of Dodd playing not to lose and desperately trying to hold onto a slim lead in the second half. In the Alabama game they kicked a field goal with time running out that barely flopped over the goal post at the north end of Grant Field. It was the first field goal their kicker had every kicked. I am convinced that painful season forever scarred my psyche and is the reason even today that I always see the glass as half full when it comes to the Yellow Jackets.

I agree that 3 of the 4 losses were painful from the standpoint of being close. But given the transition and injuries, 7-4 is pretty good. Not great. Not where I want to be. But good.

8-4 sounds really good though. Much better than 7-5.

Every team has games they can point to that they should have one...I try to remember that when I look down the schedule and say the same thing.

It is kind of like before the season when you look down the schedule and peg the W' and L's...then an unbiased friend will say that I have to count on losing two or three that we should win and winning one that we should not. In reality, that is how 99% of all teams season finishes.

It is frustrating but there dozens of teams that are in the same situation-so close.But we need to look at the other side,we came just as close to losing 3 of our wins.EXample-The plays that jump out at me are at NCST when(1)Holt intercepts us on our 25 in the 1st half and its ruled a no catch then(2)their safety drops a sure interception in end zone and we go on to score in 4th period.In VA game,their best receiver McMullen drops a wide-open 4th down pass when they were coming back in the 4th period.We get ball to run down clock.etc,etc
You make your luck.

Back