Meanwhile, Back At The Ranch

Father WASP

Flats Noob
...While we've had attention on Flunk-Gate, the ACC took a firm path toward inviting Miami, Syracuse and BC as most expected.

But all is not a done deal.

VA, and not just the University, seems really pissed off that VTech was not courted. Doesnt appear to just be negotiating or politics.

Big East isnt going quietly in the night. They are doing some serious negotiating with Notre Dame, who has made some comments that are a complete 180 from a few years ago when the Big 10 tried them.

Meanwhile, and General Woods you will love my analogy, Duke Pres. Nan Keohane and UNC Chancellor James Moeser, jumped back in. Keohane said, "We were not in favor of expansion, but since the decision has now been made, we decided that we wish to be part of framing the outcome and to join with our partners in the conference ..." Moeser said "It was important to participate fully in the decisions that will shape the ACC as we move forward." Sounds like these two sit around the coffee shop admiring the stance of Jacques Chiraq as he takes on the aggressive milita--- uh, football bullies.

So they didn't want to expand but now that the league has voted to they are still trying to figure out a way to make it basketball oriented - thus Syracuse vs. VTech.

Might be time for a big pow wow at Tech to (1) determine if we are going to commit to footall, and thus review the curriculum (2) if so, entertain ideas of where we are best suited in athletics.

One report this morning said the ACC was shocked by the intensity UVA put forth, threatening to leave the ACC.

Now that my friends, might just be a card worth playing for us as well.

A new football conference - Let Ga Tech, FSU and UVa join the Big East - expansion in reverse. Let Chirac, uh, Moeser and the Dookies be left with their basketball conference.

Very interesting Father Wasp! I have been contemplating a similar scenario accept leave FSU behind and add Notre Dame. Then the Big East is a primo conference and the Criminoles can continue to abuse the basketball players.

This thing is definitely not over and look for the Big East to come up with a shock and awe campaign to counterattack the ACC. Their commissioner seems to have a bigger set than Swofford!

Go Jackets!

Back