Meet the first college athlete to make money from NIL

IM79

Flats Noob
So, if a freshman volleyball player at Aquinas College can make thousands of dollars from NIL, I believe our athletes will do ok.

"Chloe V. Mitchell, a freshman volleyball player at Aquinas College in Grand Rapids, Michigan is believed to be the first college athlete to make money from her likeness."

She’s not making money because of college volleyball.

This. This is a girl who makes money on her social media presence that has nothing to do with her participation in what is marginally not much more than club athletics at the school she goes to. Off her "likeness". Lol. Have to admire her ability to self promote though and find an angle.

This. This is a girl who makes money on her social media presence that has nothing to do with her participation in what is marginally not much more than club athletics at the school she goes to. Off her "likeness". Lol. Have to admire her ability to self promote though and find an angle.
But she would be prohibited from making money via social media if she were a NCAA athlete. I think female athletes have a great opportunity here to market themselves but the market could get oversaturated.

There will be many more female content creators. And they will make money.

Now it would be hilarious if the end result of this is NCAA female athletes going crazy on OnlyFans.

I hate to say it but you know that is the only thing that would make many men care about female sports.

Yes our athletes will do ok, the ones who have this kind of following:

Mitchell has 5,510 followers on YouTube, 48,600 followers on Instagram and a whopping 2.7 million followers on TikTok

At least our football program is already 12 steps ahead of the competition when it comes to marketing and “branding”.

The world's oldest profession....

Here's a better pic. Now imagine this angle... The girls of the ACC in Penthouse. They might make more than you thought.

1621287433293.png

I think female athletes have a great opportunity here to market themselves but the market could get oversaturated.
I don't believe the world will ever get oversaturated with beautiful young women. We're going on several thousand years of human history and we don't seem tired of it yet.

Or: "I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

I don't believe the world will ever get oversaturated with beautiful young women. We're going on several thousand years of human history and we don't seem tired of it yet.

Or: "I keep getting older, they stay the same age."
The amount of dudes taking pictures for their girls Instagram accounts is at an all time high.

The amount of dudes taking pictures for their girls Instagram accounts is at an all time high.
And I predict that as new technologies enable even more ways for men to 'consume' images of beauty and sexuality, we will rise to the challenge of consuming them.

PS. Of course, a totally different issue is that not all these ladies are quite as pretty as they think they are.

Back