Merry Christmas and a few other thoughts

Aiken Jacket

Flats Noob
A few thoughts from my vacation:

1. Season's Greetings. Merry Christmas to all fellow Jacket fans (and even the non-Jacket fans who lurk and/or post). May you and your families and friends have a blessed holiday season.

2. New head coach. I am glad we will give Mac a chance to show his stuff before hiring a new coach. Who knows, he may be the right one, and even if he isn't, I am glad we will have some limited sense of normalcy up to an including this game. (Lord help us if little Bowden ends up in Atlanta - I about choked when the reports of contact were released. I am not one to ruffle feathers in the athletic department, but DB will get a personal call if that is the choice!)

3. Joe Burns ineligible. This is too bad, but not surprising to me. Too many other things have happened this year for me to expect that all players would make grades and be available in Seattle. I hate to see it for Joe, and I hope he gets it together after the first of the year, and is ready and available next year. (I wasn't an athlete, and I ended up "inelgible" my winter quarter Sophomore year, so I can relate to academic troubles.)

4. Big Bee. I feel for O'Leary. He made a mistake, an unforgivable one in today's day and time and one he should have corrected many years ago. He didn't, and he paid on the highest level - his job, his career, his credibility, and his reputation are all gone. Let's not continue to beat him up. (I agree with the previous post title - will this never end.)

5. Basketball. I am very pleased with the early progress of the youngsters Hewitt is putting on the floor. I am excited about the future - 2002 and beyond.

Enough rambling from me. Have a good one.

GO JACKETS!
grin.gif

At this time of year, we pause for the greatest gift of all. When we look at the symbolic babe in the manger at Christmas, we are looking at the Son of God, the ultimate gift on the Cross.

This gift, to any who will receive it, will allow that person to live eternally in God's kingdom. Such a great time for giving of gifts and enjoying friends and family in the name of the Living God.

A sincere wish of happiness to all during this special time of the year and all through the year.

Rodney Kent

one correction.

Big Bee is now Dejected Little Leprachaun.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Happy Holidays
Merry Christmas
Happy New Year
Go Jackets

Hey Swagger! The reference to THWGO is a bit much. He has been taken to the woodshed. Let it go man. For God's sake, let it go and move on to something positive.
pat.gif

I think of it in a different light.

The standard GO bash is all about his resume. I am more angered about the fact that he gave GT no warning, and did right in the middle of recruiting. Braine thought as late as two days before that O'Leary was staying put. That's what I don't like. He betrayed the trust of the Institute. As for his resume, he got more than his share of justice for it, and I could care less about that issue now. My dislike comes from a TOTALLY different reason. ::sigh:: but whatever. Unlike the Communist Manifesto, if you ask for something nicely here odds are it will get done, and w/o alot of the smart ass backtalk.

Back