Miami attendance...

JRJacket

Flats Noob
Watching on repeat, Miami’s attendance yesterday was absolutely pathetic. Anyone there have a guess at the actual attendance?

BDS hasn’t been full and rocking lately... but we look like the big house compared to that showing

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Watching on repeat, Miami’s attendance yesterday was absolutely pathetic. Anyone there have a guess at the actual attendance?

BDS hasn’t been full and rocking lately... but we look like the big house compared to that showing
Ajc article said announced attendance of 54k. Sounds like fake news to me.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
There are 3 ways to count "attendance": (1) people entering the stadium, (2) tickets purchased, (3) unclaimed tickets (purchased + given away to charity). 1 < 2 < 3, so guess which people report.

The Phillies were notorious for this in their "sell out streak." They'd take unsold tickets, donate them to charity, then claim the game was sold out.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
54K is correct. But that's ticket sales. The reason there weren't 54,000 butts in the stands is, unfortunately, a problem with the Florida penal system server which inadvertently deleted all the weekend furloughs. So yeah.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
I’ve been to 6 GT-Miami games, and this was the best attended one that I can remember. Stadium looked maybe 40% full. It was also surprisingly loud for that size of crowd. Either the roof thing really magnifies the sound, or they were using some artificial enhancement.

JRjr

GTTerrific

Dodd-Like
I’ve been to 6 GT-Miami games, and this was the best attended one that I can remember. Stadium looked maybe 40% full. It was also surprisingly loud for that size of crowd. Either the roof thing really magnifies the sound, or they were using some artificial enhancement.

JRjr
Agree with what you said. Not a great crowd, but was a good game day experience. Was on the field before game as teams entered and for national anthem. They definitely enhance the noise.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Agree with what you said. Not a great crowd, but was a good game day experience. Was on the field before game as teams entered and for national anthem. They definitely enhance the noise.
I thought artificial noise* is against the rules?

* except for those ööööing cowbells that make it impossible to watch the Mississippi Cow College on TV

texstinger

Dodd-Like
Are not the official attendance figures mandated by the NCAA to include all support staff, band, cheerleaders, etc as well as number of tickets sold?

I am always surprised by their crowd numbers at our place (and others). Must be slumni fans living out of town.