Miami getting closer to becoming ACC member (link)

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
Yes, that idea has merit.

smile.gif

That Division B proposed would be the laughing stock of college football and would get their head handed to them in the ACC Champ game which would NOT be good for TV or the conference.

They gotta come up with more balance than that...

Here is a linked article about Miami getting closer to joining the ACC in today's Miami Herald. I say, "Welcome Miami, VT and BC". I think this would be fantastic for the ACC. Interestingly, the article talks about the losses incurred by UM's AA each year and that the ACC will be a better conference financially. Money always talks!!

In a move to keep tobacco road happy, here are the potential divisions per the article:

Division A:
Boston College
Clemson
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Miami
Syracuse

Division B:
Duke
Maryland
North Carolina
NC State
Virginia
Wake Forest

Miami Herald

Since both Miami and FSU have been atop the polls and both generally fight for major bowls, will they want to be playing each other in the same division?

That is the only fly in the ointment I see in this arrangement.

wink.gif

I think they WANT to be in the same division. Here is why:

They will play as usual in early October for their regular season matchup, regardless if they are in the same division. So, suppose they are in seperate divsions and then they meet again in the Championship game. If the winner of the October matchup wins again in the Championship game, it eliminates the loser from the BCS. BUT if they are in the same division, the October winner wins the Championship and the October loser wins out they BOTH will likely go to the BCS just as it is now, only one will not be a conference champ. I don't think it really changes anything to have them in the same division and it is a win-win for the ACC.

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
VT over Syracuse....sounds better
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yes, BDghost!

VT over Syracuse and WV over BC sounds even better.

RW1, looks like to me that that div would almost always put a snuff dipper in the championship game. Thats what the snuff dippers want and I guess they think they can dictate their wishes to the entire conference. Me thinks it's time for Tech et al to form a new conference and let the snuff dippers go their merry way.

Back