Miami opens as a 19 point favorite

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Hard to expect much from our team after not practicing for a week

Skydog

Eat a Peach
i think that's about the right spread .. though i hope it's 20 points wrong. at least.

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ
Da U is actually back this year. Their QB is really good.

Pray to the Coronavirus gods. At worst, Collins will end the day 1-1 against the Canes

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Hard to expect much from our team after not practicing for a week
We didn't lose that much practice. I think the call was made on Thursday after we had already practiced. I don't think Thursday is much full-contact anyway if any on a game week. Friday is usually just walk throughs/special teams/situational stuff. All we missed so far was the Friday walk through, Saturday game, and possibly Sunday practice (CGC watches film/practices on Sunday and gives guys Monday off). So if we were still under the "paused football activities" period yesterday, they may practice today if that is lifted. If that's the case, we really haven't missed any practice that would pertain to Miami.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
I wonder how likely we are to play this game. ESPN crawl said Miami had 11 guys out last week, 13 guys out this week, and were on the cusp of not being able to play VPI. So their trend line isn’t great.

Meanwhile, I don’t know when our stuff really started, but if people started testing positive last week, we could still be in about the same situation against Miami as we were in against Pitt (i.e., position groups out due to quarantine, unable to field a team).

Seems like a toss-up whether this game will happen or not, but I guess we’ll find out later in the week.

JRjr

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
19 is nuts. Miami is overrated as usual. I hope our guys come out and punch them in the mouth. Hard. I don't necessarily expect to win but we need to play some old-fashioned football and make a statement.

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
Meh. At this point just try and get the games played for experience. And beat Duke. Need to ööööing beat Duke finally.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
19 is nuts. Miami is overrated as usual. I hope our guys come out and punch them in the mouth. Hard. I don't necessarily expect to win but we need to play some old-fashioned football and make a statement.
I wonder if we’ll use Curry as a spy on King. That single scheming decision would determine which way I bet this one

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Da U is actually back this year. Their QB is really good.

Pray to the Coronavirus gods. At worst, Collins will end the day 1-1 against the Canes
Disagree wholeheartedly. They are the same Miami team as usual + a really good DTQB rental which better allows them to mask another bad OL.

They might beat us, but 19 is a stupid big spread unless Vegas knows who we’d be missing.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
Miami had to answer questions last year about how they could possibly lose to us. They won’t overlook us again. Not sure how I feel about this one...