Miami Prediction Tread

Well, however it all turns out, at least it's made the tween season a little more interesting for all of us. Think Swofford and co can keep the show going till August?

Oldfoggy, is that you on the Hive or your doppelganger going into the hospital next week?

Wishing our fellow long-time Tech man a speedy recovery. Hope he takes his laptop.

I'm guessing that UM will come. They just need to feel their importance a little more before making the decision.

I say Miami's jump to the ACC has been in the cards from the get-go. No way they stay in the BE when they can realize their dreams.

They'll join! It's all about $$$$. The bit about loyaty to SU and BC is a about saving face and dramtics!!! In the end it still the $$$$. Number 12 will soon follow. Just not sure who it will be though?

Yep thats me I'm going in for some surgery. Leaving San Antone for B'ham. Was going to post the details tomorrow before I catch my plane.

'Foggy, have a good flight and a better recovery!
Our prayers are with you and your family!

drinking.gif

I am thinking that UM will join, and that swofford & co. have been informed of such. I think UM said they needed some time to ease some bad feelings with their counterparts in BE, at least I hope that is the case. I do not beelieve BE has the funds to make $ guarantees that have been quoted. The ACC would bee better for UM in BB, Baseball, Track, Golf, etc as well as football in the long run. If not I pray we can 1. get in the SEC or 2. form a new conference with UM, FSU, UCF, CU, NCSU, Wake, UVa, VT, UMd, WVU, BC, and whoever BUT NO PUKE OR UwhiNe&Cheese.

Miami will join. They'll have to. With VT gone from the BE their SOS would suffer if they stayed there. The BE would be a cakewalk. For example, if they stayed in the BE and finished 11-1 with an out of conference loss to FSU, USC finished 11-1 and Oklahoma finished 11-1, USC and Oklahoma would definitely get the nod for playing in the NC. If they finished 11-1 in the ACC, with victories over VT, MD, NCstate, GT, and Clemson with a loss to FSU, then they would have a better chance. Rutgers, Temple, UConn don't get it done.
Also, with FSU as an in conference game, they could strengthen their out of conference schedule. Pitt, Penn State, Michigan, USC, Notre Dame etc. all become easier to schedule.

I hope not, but I really don't know. I hope they don't and we with some others bolt to form a new conference.

Yes, why would they stay in the BE now?

But OF's wish would continue an exciting summer.

I have mixed emotions. My sense of fair play wants me to see Miami nix the deal because of its committments to Syracuse and Boston College.

I would also rather be in a new conference with some of the existing ACC members, some of the existing Big East members, and some possible new entries.

I do not relish the thought of remaining in the ACC with North Carolina, Duke, Virginia, and Virginia Tech. I would have liked both of the latter two to become a part of a new conference before their successful blackmail attempt.

I am also upset morally at VT for having a suit against the ACC, while stabbing Syracuse and Boston College in the back. With friends like this, who needs enemies?

On the other hand Miami and VT will make two quality opponents and the addition of one more quality school would make the ACC very strong.

Also, the withdrawal from the conference would cause some temporary economic problems. If some of our big donors were willing to step forward and take up the slack, I would be willing to give my nickel for the new conference.

A new conference without North Carolina and Duke would be my preference.

I never answered the question, did I?

Yes, for the money, the closer trips, and the Big East has already lost one more team, Virginia Tech.

drinking.gif

Back