Miami self-imposing postseason ban?

I would be super ----ing enthusiastic about it. You know why? Because I'm a Georgia tech fan

I wouldn't. We wouldn't get into the acc champ game because we earned it, we would essentially be given the game if miami didnt go.

Yeah I would be excited if we won the acc champ game, but that would have an actual asterisk over it even more than 2009. Our season is already embarrassing enough without national attention that a terrible ga tech team will go to the acc champ game, let alone win it....

I would love to win the acc and all that, but at this point, I just want to win out and beat uga, win a ööööty bowl game, and go home.

We've only lost 3 games. VT has lost 3. If we win out and they lose(more like when...) then 4 > 3. We go if Miami self imposes bowl ban... I really don't think that's going to happen. Not saying I wouldn't be excited about it but just being realistic.

Yes, I know how numbers work. I'm saying if we were to go we would be 6-6 and not 5-7, because for us to be 5-7, we'd have to be 4-4 in conference. If we're 4-4 in conference we would lose a tiebreaker to a 4-4 Virginia Tech (and Duke, if our 4th loss were to be to Duke).

I'm not going to bother with this "debate". There are 11 teams in the ACC who I don't want to see go to or win the ACCCG on a fluke or with a bad record. Then there's one team who I would be ecstatic about if it won the MEAC on a bizarre loophole with a 1-11 record. You couldn't pay me to care in any way more about our conference's reputation more than any level of success we might achieve.

With that said, if Miami locks up the bid then there's no chance in the coldest of hells that they self-impose another postseason ban. If there was, they'd have done it already so it didn't look so terrible to the NCAA should they do it after being knocked out of conference contention.

I'm not going to bother with this "debate". There are 11 teams in the ACC who I don't want to see go to or win the ACCCG on a fluke or with a bad record. Then there's one team who I would be ecstatic about if it won the MEAC on a bizarre loophole with a 1-11 record. You couldn't pay me to care in any way more about our conference's reputation more than any level of success we might achieve.

This. Well said.

What's up with everybody's infatuation with the ACC and it's image? That was shot a long time ago. Georgia Tech going to the ACCCG with a 6-6 (5-3) or 7-5 (5-3). GT going to the ACCCG is the only scenario I would like.

The rest of the world is far less focused on our image than we are, so don't be a -----, anything that's good for Tech, I'll gladly take it. And if someone else doesn't like it, great, I hope it really eats at them. Go Jackets.

The rest of the world is far less focused on our image than we are, so don't be a -----, anything that's good for Tech, I'll gladly take it. And if someone else doesn't like it, great, I hope it really eats at them. Go Jackets.

Yep. Anyone think Wake gives half a ---- what people thought about the ACC in 2006? At the end of that miserable excuse for a game, I stood next to and watched grown men crying, calling friends and family. If we managed to make it into and win the ACCCG, sure you'll hear stuff about a bad team winning their conference crown, but at the end of the day all that matters is that we're champions.

Same deal with 2009. Several people here said the ACC title would mean nothing to them without beating UGAg. If they can't now look back on and enjoy the fact that we beat our second biggest rival to become champions and punch our ticket to the Orange Bowl, then I don't know what to say to them.

Yep. Anyone think Wake gives half a ---- what people thought about the ACC in 2006? At the end of that miserable excuse for a game, I stood next to and watched grown men crying, calling friends and family. If we managed to make it into and win the ACCCG, sure you'll hear stuff about a bad team winning their conference crown, but at the end of the day all that matters is that we're champions.

Same deal with 2009. Several people here said the ACC title would mean nothing to them without beating UGAg. If they can't now look back on and enjoy the fact that we beat our second biggest rival to become champions and punch our ticket to the Orange Bowl, then I don't know what to them.

So much this

You think an NFL team cares if it is 8-8 in the regular season if it makes the playoffs and gets to the Super Bowl?

Or the St Louis Cardinals make the playoffs on the last day of the season as a wildcard because another team (cough, cough, Braves) choke and run the table to win the World Series?

Pretty sure those banners are still hanging. I'll take one any way we can get it.

One of my favorite playoff games of all time was the win by the 7-9 Seahawks. That run by Marshawn Lynch through the entire saints defense is something I will never forget.

Pretty sure those banners are still hanging. I'll take one any way we can get it.
NCAA would fine something on us and take it away. Either way, I would be just as proud if we were 10-1 going to the ACC CG. It is all about making the dance. Doesn't matter how you get there, just as long as you are there.

I'm with TIA's Predictor (for Miami; we'll beat UNC). Miami's going to lose to UVA and Duke, and we'll get the ACCCG on merits.

We wouldn't get into the acc champ game because we earned it, we would essentially be given the game if miami didnt go.

Whatever...

Some on this board will twist it to seem like Tevin Washington got us to the ACCCG.

They really have no incentive not to do this. Which sucks

I wish the NCAA would punish them for playing these games. It just goes to show they still care more about football than integrity. Of course, we know they'll get off lighter than we did for their crazy hooker ----.

I don't like our chances against UNC. The bye-week curse is about to rear its ugly head.

Plus what if they find the blueprint again? :turbonoes:
I feel like I've seen this play out somewhere else before...

Tech goes out on the town, picks up a couple of homely girls with glaring birth defects (UVA has a unibrow and an Adam's apple, Maryland has a fake leg and a constant urinary tract itch, Presbyterian might actually have an extra chromosome). We sex these ladies up for a few hours, and we're feeling pretty good because we got over our dry spell, even if the girls were three-baggers and they put out like it's a charity.

UNC ain't a three-bagger. They're not even solid 7, nor do they receive the standing plus-2 from simply walking on campus. They're a 400-pound impotent silverback and they are angry with God because they were born with an abnormally large piece of female equipment that rhymes with a lady's name. And they've been waiting around for two weeks for someone to walk into their dive-bar of a stadium and they're gonna bone us. Hard. I don't really see any outcome to this game that doesn't end with my beloved school shivering on a piss-stained Shoney's bathroom floor, wearing a mop head as a wig with the mop handle jammed squarely up our ass.

Better?

I don't even understand what I just read, but I am very afraid to read it again.

Back