Miami, UGetanA

bellyseries

Dodd-Like
both throwing games.Scared they might have to play Oklahoma.

Miami kid just batted a TD pass away from himself on a fake FG.

Belly...There is still another half to play..Miami has never lost a regular season game under COKER and i hope they come to Bobby Dodd that way and get their 1st defeat here........

I dont like Oklahoma and i would like to see them beat...Really (unless Miami storms back and wins tonight) ive watched Southern Cal. and they come closest to matching up with Oklahoma than anyone else..Pete Carrol is one heck of a coach and has the athletes to play with Oklahoma...

At this particular time, Oklahoma looks awfully tough.

They have now demolished their two biggest obstacles of Texas and Oklahoma State.

LSU seems pretty stong, but they have already lost one game.

I am not sure, at this time, if there is a team that can match Oklahoma.

It will take a good precision passing team with a good runner to keep their defense off balance.

Father Time

I think i agree with Mike Godfrey on Espn tonight.the men of Troy are the 2nd best team behind Oklahoma..You never know....I like that Matchup though..2 Great defenses....

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
At this particular time, Oklahoma looks awfully tough.

They have now demolished their two biggest obstacles of Texas and Oklahoma State.

LSU seems pretty stong, but they have already lost one game.

I am not sure, at this time, if there is a team that can match Oklahoma.

It will take a good precision passing team with a good runner to keep their defense off balance.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">What do you think about playing at VT every other year? That place is a very tough place to play..Beamer has slowly but surely stockpiled some athletes up there..that is why i think the New ACC is the very best collection of teams....

Football is unreal. It is unbelievable how one team can look so bad one night and so good the next night.

Emotions, home field advantage, breaks, and/or matchups can sure make a difference.

Overconfidence can really put the screws to a team. VT looks like a totally different team tonight, however, so does Miami.

Father Time

By the way Godfrey on Espn just mentioned Donnan as getting a Head Coaching job soon...

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
By the way Godfrey on Espn just mentioned Donnan as getting a Head Coaching job soon...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Clemson by Wednesday.

tongue.gif
drinking.gif
tongue.gif

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">He's a good coach, regardless of what the morons in Athens think. He recruited for UGAg well and left Richt a lot of talent on the roster and his teams didn't play badly while he was there. Obviously, Richt doesn't have the secret formula for beating UF either. Maybe Donnan will land at Clempsom and be appreciated (and lose to us, of course)

Originally posted by JJacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">He's a good coach, regardless of what the morons in Athens think. He recruited for UGAg well and left Richt a lot of talent on the roster and his teams didn't play badly while he was there. Obviously, Richt doesn't have the secret formula for beating UF either. Maybe Donnan will land at Clempsom and be appreciated (and lose to us, of course)</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree, Donnan is a VERY underated coach in these parts. He's won everywhere he has ever been. He calls a better offensive game than CMR. He just never had the defense IMO.

Actually - Donnan and T Bowden suffer from 2 of the same diseases

1. recruitnolinemenitis (recruit no linemen - itis) and

2. allyoureggsinonebasketitis (all your eggs in one basket - itis) see Quincey, Dantzler, Moss, and Hamilton.

Donnan is a good coach - if he gets another chance he'll be even better. He won't make a lot of the same mistakes again.

His problem was being able to be at Marshall before they were D-I and being able to take over a football game with one or two superstars like Randy Moss. About the time he figured out he needed more than Quincey Carter and Jasper Sanks (but not Jamal Lewis), it was too late.

You have to have a whole team at this level and you can't treat stupid fans like he did unless you're winning like Steve Spurrier did.

I don't see Clemson making a play for Donnan because they don't want to hear all the sloppy seconds talk from dawg fans.

But it sure would be good to see Donnan take Clemson down to Athens and deliver a good old fashoned butt kicking to UGAg. Are they still paying him or has he been paid off already? It'd be even sweeter if UGAg was paying him to kick UGAg's asses.

Donnan is excellent Coach and a good choice for Clemson or Georgia Southern -- obviously would prefer Clemson. Donnan got crossed With President Adams (Like anyone else with influence in Athens). Otherwise, he was the man. He's gruff, but generally Georgia fans liked him. (Tech fans loved him.) I think he would do well at Clemson. We aren't scheduled to play Clemson again, but I think we might play again one day. Whether it was Donnan or salt over the shoulder, we could have used some help yesterday.

BlackWatch, you are correct, it will be difficult to win at VT every other year. However, VT's game has always been predicated on defensive strength. If they lose Strong, they become more vulnerable.

I agree with others in this post, I think Donnan is a good coach, but made some mistakes at UGA that bit him in the rear.

Didn't he try to let his son run the offense. He may rethink the idea of having his son with him this time. His son needs to go his own way and make his own reputation somewhere else. Am I speaking out of context, or am I thinking of another coach?

The marbles may not be all in the right place this morning.

Father Time

BlackWatch, thanks, that is correct, VT has a good one, but I can't remember his name. He is highly touted.

Father Time

You are correct, Ahso - he didn't make his son an O coordinator, but he did make his son Todd the QB coach. I think the shortcomings were Quncey's not Todd's - but who knows.

Other High Profile guys with their sons at OC include Lou Holtz and Bobby Bowden. Bob Stoops has his brother Mike at DC. I doubt you confused those, but FYI in case.

Todd Donnan is a close friend of a close friend, and I have some inside scoop on the firing that I would love to tell, but would be breaking confidence - I'll just say that place was a circus by the time Donnan left.

Like I said - he should be hirable. He learned a ton the hard way and the guy's a good coach and won't make all those same mistakes again.

Unsure to those asking about payment - but I am pretty sure it works this way. UGA has to honor his contract - which means they must pay him until it runs out - unless, even though they fired him, he goes to work for another team, which at that point, uga is off the hook.

When he goes to another team - it's the equivalent of him leaving them (under contract - coaching or not) to go to another school. Not sure how long is left.

Like I say - I think, but I'm not sure on the contract stuff.

[QB]BlackWatch, you are correct, it will be difficult to win at VT every other year. However, VT's game has always been predicated on defensive strength. If they lose Strong, they become more vulnerable.

Strong is at UF not VT...But i think VT will always be good as long as Beamer is there.....

BlackWatch, thanks, that is correct, VT has a good one, but I can't remember his name. He is highly touted.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">His name is Bud Foster....The big thing with VT is they have Stockpiled some great athletes up there..With them finally breaking in Vick at QB..They will be a top 10 maybe top 5 team for years to come...The NEW ACC has 3 teams in the top 7...The best collection of teams in the country..We will have to step it up to be with the best..I believe as others that being in this new super conference it will help our recruiting...Travis Chambers (A top 10 all-south LB)said it was a factor when he committed..

Back