Mike and Mike

By the way, isn't it funny that if TECH is losing, our offense is mediocre/high school based. But if we're winning, it's 'tremendous' and 'fun to watch' ?

Winning cures everything.

It's like CPJ says. "We run the ball 80% of the time and we're one dimensional. UGA does it and they're great!"

Both are important. Our game against FSU doesn't get the exposure it did if we lose to UGA first. Neither does our program get as much praise as it is getting in what exposure it gets.

This. Beating UGA is what sticks in local recruits' minds, I think.

Playing FSU in the ACCCG is probably bigger to nationwide recruits.

Both are important. Our game against FSU doesn't get the exposure it did if we lose to UGA first. Neither does our program get as much praise as it is getting in what exposure it gets.

This +2.

Beating UGA and winning the division/ACC title are not mutually exclusive. We should aspire to do both every year. They are both huge feathers in our cap and a positive for the program whether we achieve one goal or both of them. I assure everyone this Tech team coming in at 10-2 with a win over UGA was much more attractive to the common viewer or HS recruit than the 6-6 bunch coming off a 42-10 UGA loss we took to Charlotte in 2012.

Clemson sidelines:

machine.gif

drumming.gif

doggie-rave.gif

partyhard.gif

lol-raving.gif

[y]JGTeBazHjyM[/y]

Excellent points. Most national folks get spoon-fed their "knowledge" via highlights and word of mouth. Performances like in the ACCCG and a "name" bowl will be highly beneficial.

The ORE comparison is more apt than folks realize.
It's hard to overcome the producers for SportsCenter (which I'm assuming is where Mike&MIke get most of their info). They seem to be told to lead with SEC this, SEC that. When we beat the Dwags last week, i noticed that the game wasn't mentioned until about 20 minutes into the broadcast Sunday morning.

I'm glad that CPJ has shown that he can win without compromising our academics or integrity.

I haven't seen anything posted, but did any of you catch Cowherd Sunday morning? I had the TV on in the hotel room while getting ready to leave and he was talking about FSU punching their ticket to the playoffs with the win. No big shocker there because they were undefeated, but his point was FSU played like they would beat anybody that night and that Jameis played like the Heisman winner of last year. Said a lot of good things about GT, said we were a legit team and if you beat us you've done something.

That's what gets me excited. Win OB and finish Top 10 this season, chance to repeat with a mostly in-tact returning defense, QB, and o-line (we'll find the rest), then watch the recruits start coming. CPJ with 4-star talent would be unstoppable.

THIS squared......

I've had the same response. I'm not as heartbroken about the loss as others in the past. We lost to the only undefeated playoff team with the reigning Heisman trophy winner playing his best game of the season... By two points. Losses still hurt, but if we have to have one, this is about as good as it gets. Pulling for FSU to rep well for the league. Same for the other ACC teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. What I meant about disappointment is coming so close to the biggest win for Tech in 24 years, but falling 2 points short. The players fought so hard in the game and you hate for them. Watching CPJ holding back tears as the last 40 seconds winded down makes you realize just how proud he is of the team this year and everything they've accomplished. We won as a team this year and we took the loss on Saturday as a team. That's the disappointing part, is that the players gave it their all on Saturday but fell a couple yards short.

Even in the loss though, it was a win for the program's future. Excited about what is to come for Tech.

Just jumped on to post the same thing! was great to hear on ESPN radio, they were really gushing about our offense. Matt Stinchcomb was on 680 this morning and actually said really positive things about our program:

"Any skill player looking to get to the next level should take a look at GT. Look at their receivers. You may only get the ball a few times a game, but you're numbers are going to be huge and you're going to know how to block"

CPJ needs to wrap this up and send it Cutcliffe for Christmas. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Mike and Mike are douchenozzles and I'd rather die in a fire than listen to them.

I agree. What I meant about disappointment is coming so close to the biggest win for Tech in 24 years, but falling 2 points short. The players fought so hard in the game and you hate for them. Watching CPJ holding back tears as the last 40 seconds winded down makes you realize just how proud he is of the team this year and everything they've accomplished. We won as a team this year and we took the loss on Saturday as a team. That's the disappointing part, is that the players gave it their all on Saturday but fell a couple yards short.

Even in the loss though, it was a win for the program's future. Excited about what is to come for Tech.

Would you ever have thought that we could lose our way into the Orange Bowl? I'll take that outcome.

Back