Mizzou Ded

Also not really accurate. The disclosure came weeks before the U[sic]GA game, and they did not ask us to suspend him or even hold the players out of competition.

That didn't occur until a couple weeks later, after we had disobeyed their instruction not to communicate the investigation to the players/coach and pissed them off in general.

NCAA are still a bunch of dicks who basically penalized us for bruising their egos, but we could have handled the situation much better and probably avoided forfeiting the wins.

This was when DRad was laying the groundwork for his move to Clemson and knowing he needed to weaken us beforehand.

Also not really accurate. The disclosure came weeks before the U[sic]GA game, and they did not ask us to suspend him or even hold the players out of competition.

That didn't occur until a couple weeks later, after we had disobeyed their instruction not to communicate the investigation to the players/coach and pissed them off in general.

NCAA are still a bunch of dicks who basically penalized us for bruising their egos, but we could have handled the situation much better and probably avoided forfeiting the wins.
I appreciate your effort to bring some much-needed clarity to our collective memory of that SNAFU, but I don't think you've got that right. The NCAA's position is that the school should assume a player shouldn't play if there's reasonable grounds to think he's ineligible. The whole point of the NCAA model is the fiction that all the schools are just as concerned about rules violations, and avoiding them, as the NCAA is. The NCAA doesn't want schools erring on the side of playing ineligible players, but erring on the side of not playing them.

So they did blame us for not withholding DT from competition once there was grounds to believe he might be ineligible. Their belief was that the only reason we didn't withhold him was because our former general counsel coached him into changing his story, which provided a pretextual basis to justify playing him. But our insistence on playing him was one of our primary sins, in their eyes:
NCAA Report said:
In late 2009, the institution failed to meet the conditions and obligations of membership in that the institution did not withhold student-athlete 1 from competition when the institution was made aware of information which raised serious questions about whether he was involved in violations of NCAA legislation and thus should have been declared ineligible.

I've long wondered how the investigation affected DT, and affected that crucial 4th down drop that sealed the win for UGA. Easily the most heartbreaking play of CPJ's tenure.

I've long wondered how the investigation affected DT, and affected that crucial 4th down drop that sealed the win for UGA. Easily the most heartbreaking play of CPJ's tenure.

What happens if he catches that pass? I don’t remember the exact circumstances. It would have been like 1st & 10 at the ~20 & we’re still down by 6 with about a minute left, right? Doesn’t seem like a complete sure thing that we win.

I’d say there were more game-turning plays that would have led to a win (GW FG vs Tennessee, 1 defensive stop vs UG in 2013, the freaky 4th down at Miami in 2017, the Q4 fumble vs USF this year).

What happens if he catches that pass? I don’t remember the exact circumstances. It would have been like 1st & 10 at the ~20 & we’re still down by 6 with about a minute left, right? Doesn’t seem like a complete sure thing that we win.

I’d say there were more game-turning plays that would have led to a win (GW FG vs Tennessee, 1 defensive stop vs UG in 2013, the freaky 4th down at Miami in 2017, the Q4 fumble vs USF this year).
It was the first time ever a ranked GT lost to an unranked UGA team. It was the year I thought we'd 51-7 them. We were a Top 10 team, the highest-ranked one-loss team in the country. It marked the end of the CPJ honeymoon.

Fumbling to USF nine years later, after MTSU, after Air Force, after so many head-scratching losses and disappointing seasons, hardly compares in terms of emotional impact.

If he catches the pass we could drive for the score, and the win. It would mean CPJ 2-0 vs dwags which is pretty huge for a GT coach, not to mention beating ugag at BDS. Who knows what would have happened differently in the upcoming years. Man, 2009 and 2013 COFH really hurt. Although, it did make 2014 COFH so much sweeter, so i guess there's that.

Somebody else actually doing the work if I understand correctly.
UNC = grade for no work
Mizzou = grade for someone else’s work

But the biggest difference is that UNC had an entire academic program involved and passed hundreds of people over a decade. Mizzou’s situation was a single tutor.

UNC = grade for no work
Mizzou = grade for someone else’s work

But the biggest difference is that UNC had an entire academic program involved and passed hundreds of people over a decade. Mizzou’s situation was a single tutor.

Can't cheat if there was never any work in the first place.

You forfeited a win? We won the 2009 ACCCG. I seened it with my eyes. The NCAA can suck a lemon and you can peel it for them if you want.

If she also did this for the regular student body then Mizzou would probably get off on a technicality like UN "any student could enroll in our fake classes so we good" C.

NCAA had always penalized academic fraud and lack of institutional control with existing rules. Then UNC cheats over a twenty year period in multiple sports in ways before unimagined. They lawyer up and claim NCAA lacks jurisdiction in academic areas and their cheating is not an athletic problem since they let a few other students benefit from the fraud, too. NCAA cowers and caves. Mizzou is next up and NCAA finds its spine again. They are also meeting to shore up rules that UNC exposed, as if UNC did them a favor. This is why I want to abolish the NCAA.

NCAA had always penalized academic fraud and lack of institutional control with existing rules. Then UNC cheats over a twenty year period in multiple sports in ways before unimagined. They lawyer up and claim NCAA lacks jurisdiction in academic areas and their cheating is not an athletic problem since they let a few other students benefit from the fraud, too. NCAA cowers and caves. Mizzou is next up and NCAA finds its spine again. They are also meeting to shore up rules that UNC exposed, as if UNC did them a favor. This is why I want to abolish the NCAA.
As much as I hate UNC I don’t think the NCAA caved. They simply don’t have rules to apply to kind of institutional cheating UNC was doing. College Presidents will have yo change the rules, which I think they will go. If you abolish the NCAA what do you propose putting in its place?

As much as I hate UNC I don’t think the NCAA caved. They simply don’t have rules to apply to kind of institutional cheating UNC was doing. College Presidents will have yo change the rules, which I think they will go. If you abolish the NCAA what do you propose putting in its place?
...things that could adequately replace the NCAA...

Hmmmmmm.....

They should have laid the hammer on UNC to show they don’t put up with that bullshit. However, UNC is one of if not the most marketable basketball programs in the country, thus they just skate. The NCAA is a total joke that cares about nothing but lining their pockets.

They should have laid the hammer on UNC to show they don’t put up with that bullshit. However, UNC is one of if not the most marketable basketball programs in the country, thus they just skate. The NCAA is a total joke that cares about nothing but lining their pockets.
For those wondering, and judging from your post you already know, the NCAA makes the lion's share of its revenue during the NCAA basketball tournament

They tried, but it wasn’t any of the NCAA’s business.

I’m surprised this hasn’t opened up more loop holes: have an on campus competition to see who can throw a football more than 50 yards in the air. The competition is open to anyone on campus and the successful students each win a new truck.

Campus-wide 3 on 3 basketball tournament with a $100,000 prize.

Have a “create your own major” to “help” students interested in cross functional research, then offer the basic health class in 60 combinations, e.g. Upper body weightlifting, Advanced upperbody weightlifting, Leg Day, Cardio.

Last edited:
If some of the players would have been ineligible without the 'assistance', why wouldn't the NCAA void some of their team's wins?

Back