Moore reassigned. link posted again here:

requesting a cut and paste.
link doesn't work for me.
neither does ajc.com

What are this board's rules re: cutting & pasting. I know the Hive doesn't go for that. Here's a qoute from the story by John Hollis on the AJC website. This quote has the new info. The rest was no comments and a rehash of the 11 players.

EMAIL THIS PRINT THIS MOST POPULAR SUBSCRIBE TO AJC

[ The Atlanta Journal-Constitution: 6-17-03 ]

Jackets reassign athletics official

By JOHN HOLLIS
Atlanta Journal-Constitution Staff Writer

Georgia Tech's top athletics department official in charge of academics has been reassigned in a shakeup following news last month that 11 athletes -- 10 of them football players -- had become academically ineligible.

Carole Moore will no longer serve as director of academic services, people within the department said.

Finally! This is the first public and decisive move we've made in some time to address problems in the AA. I don't know if Moore was the problem but sometimes it just doesn't matter. When there is the kind of huge failure we suffered in the academic area this year something has to change. Let's just hope the change put into effect work better than what we tried last year.

I don't like to see any person get "re-assigned", fired etc...but there are always exceptions.
This is one of Tech's few positive steps it has made and I don't give a flip about Carol Moore and sent many emails to that affect as a Tech alumnus. I don't wish her any luck period...my two cents.
blue.gif

Originally posted by ncjacket:
[QB
I don't know if Moore was the problem but sometimes it just doesn't matter. [/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">We certainly got no indication that she was a part of the solution.

She never showed any real sympathy for the SAs in her public remarks, and no matter how tough and unblinking you are about their work, you really must "be on their side" in a position like hers.

Hallelujah, this needed doing! I'm sure there's been a lot of trepidation concerning keeping her from having a bitchfest ala Jan Kemp.

If you all remember,I was the FIRST to say that she was the problem and that she needed to be fired!! I would NOT just reassign her I would kick her off the campus!!! I stated in that first post about her that she was at fault imo in the failure of of a big dl. I still believe it and now I INCLUDE THOSE 10 WE JUST LOST. I told another Tech guy when the big dl was flunked out that moore was not good for Tech football. This statement was a result of what her quote was eithe on the O'leary show which was repeated by him or her direct quote in the paper!! She WAS NO FRIEND OF ATHLETICS! BELIEVE ME! O'leary fought with her like cats and dogs and Brainless couldn't, wouldn't, or too stupid to get clod to get rid of her. What in the world was Brainless thinking all these years?

She may have been at fault and she may have been innocent, but the fact remains the failure of 10 football players at one time is very unusual.

Even if she is not at fault, it is probably a wise decision to make a change in that position. It does appear to be a focal point.

Sometimes, one has to make a sacrifice for the good of all.

wink.gif

Now we have cured the symptom, lets remove the disease (Braine).

Also, I would hesitate to celebrate this news just yet. Moore obviously felt she was in the right in regards to the situation, she felt the blame rested squarely on the students. I would not be the least bit surprised to see a lawsuit come out of this and all kinds of dirty laundry aired. I would hate to see that happen. One wonders if Tech would have been better off if she remained in her position, and have the academic situation return to the O'Leary system.

Wrecked, if she files a suit, it would tell me she is more interested in herself than the good of the GT athletes and the athletic program.

If she gracefully steps aside, and accepts her new assignment, it would show an humbleness and willingness for the Tech football program to succeed.

I am sure she has her own ideas of what she thinks is best for the college, but don't we all?

wink.gif

Back