Moratorium on Team and Coach Bashing

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
Fans don’t boo because a message board taught them to. Fans boo when you lose to Citadel and Northern Illinois at home. Fans boo when you lose at home to Clemson 73-7 and the coaches and players are dancing on the sideline. Fans boo when you lose at home to Georgia by the largest margin in COFH history. Fans boo when the coach doesn’t understand the rules of the game, or how to manage a clock in the last two minutes of a half. Fans boo when the coach is oblivious to anything listed above, and constantly spills a bunch of hot vomit about being an Elite program while acknowledging he doesn’t care what the fans think. That’s why fans boo.
So moratorium on booing?

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
Joined Aug 1, 2019. Geoff doesn’t pay you enough for this. Your time would be better served on clock management. In the next staff meeting, help him with that type of stuff instead.

I would love to hear a recruit say he signed up for the visibility and vitriol at USC or Miami instead of the notorious big-brand football factory hate of StingTalk.

RoanokeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Relax. If you were a recruit you would quickly realize most of the people here know absolutely nothing and pay the board zero attention.

Not just our board, but most fan boards.

If anybody follows more than one team like I do they would see that all boards are just alike.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Can't remember the last time I came across this board
Oh my goodness JJ. We don’t not need to hear about your last escapade with a stingtalk mom while this board was opened on your phone. Have some decency.

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro
What teams have you led?

Also, who is lying?
I’ve led military Teams in combat as large as 1200, civilian Teams as large as 750. Are those big enough for you?

I guess I failed to make my point clearly. What I was trying to say is the troops know when you’re flat out lying to them & just trying to make them feel good. Most people appreciate it when you give it to them straight. I’d say nobody likes the guy that tells you one thing and feels/knows the exact opposite, but I know there are people that like being lied to. I suppose it makes them feel better. You don’t need to personally embarrass your Team, but everybody knows when there’s a big failure and most of the time who/what caused it. Acting like it didn‘t happen or in the extreme acting like it was a huge success when it clearly wasn‘t like for example our Afghanistan exodus, just makes the leader look bad and untrustworthy.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
I’ve led military Teams in combat as large as 1200, civilian Teams as large as 750. Are those big enough for you?

I guess I failed to make my point clearly. What I was trying to say is the troops know when you’re flat out lying to them & just trying to make them feel good. Most people appreciate it when you give it to them straight. I’d say nobody likes the guy that tells you one thing and feels/knows the exact opposite, but I know there are people that like being lied to. I suppose it makes them feel better. You don’t need to personally embarrass your Team, but everybody knows when there’s a big failure and most of the time who/what caused it. Acting like it didn‘t happen or in the extreme acting like it was a huge success when it clearly wasn‘t like for example our Afghanistan exodus, just makes the leader look bad and untrustworthy.
Combat? Where?

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
So we should take a crap on the coaches and team because other team's fans take a crap on their coaches and teams? God in heaven ! I can't believe I actually went to school with some of yall.:facepalm:
God in heaven ! I can't believe you actually went to English class.

It's a nickname. As far as the "a's" in the Biblical name from which it's taken, consult with God.:biggrin:
Oh, boy. A holy roller. It's all suddenly becoming clear.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb

God bless you! Seriously. Thanks.

I'm never going to give you any Big Cries or poos here from now on.

Naw, I'm lying. But I will try to restain myself. That's the trooph!

1990wspjacket

Damn Good Rat
Sorry if already said, but if a recruit doesnt come to Tech b/c he reads a message board, then he can GTFO, wouldnt have the balls to play here anyway...... Lots more tough things to deal w such as Calculus, Getting Laid and never mind that's pretty much it.

GEETEELEE

We suck this much.
I believe StingTalk was created when the Hive shut down criticism of the Gailey regime.
The Hive didn’t completely shut down Gailey criticism, but that criticism was particularly vicious, personal and pervasive with a number of fonts. The Hive banned the worst of them and they promptly cried ‘censor!’ It started well before Gailey’s first game; literally the day his hiring was announced.

The Hive erred on the side of decorum and StingTalk was created. StingTalk was more freewheeling, but a number of fonts got banned for making it personal and telling recruits not to sign with Tech, not only on the forum, but in texts as well.

The most egregious offenders were banned and another board was created that was the most despicably negative forum ever to smear the internet. I am proud to announce that’s the only online forum I’ve ever been banned from.

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
If I were a recruit and came across this board, I wouldn't even consider playing for Tech.
If I based my college choice and athletic scholarship on a school's sports message board, I'd have to label myself a loser. These friggin snowflakes need to grow a set, man up, and play the game like it's meant to be played, and say to hell with what anyone else thinks about it especially so called fans.