Morgan Burnett Q&A

cajunjacket

Dodd-Like
From AJC:

Georgia Tech safety Morgan Burnett has three interceptions this season, tied for sixth in the country. He will likely get a few more chances to snag some passes Saturday at Florida State.

The Seminoles, led by quarterback Christian Ponder, are proficient at passing. They average 285.4 yards per game, with Ponder completing a whopping 67 percent of his throws.

Burnett broke up four of Ponder's passes in last season's 31-28 victory in Atlanta. He took a few minutes to talk about what he expects in Tallahassee this weekend. Should Tech win, it would be historic. The Yellow Jackets are 0-6 in Doak Campbell Stadium, dating back to their first appearance in 1993.

Q: When you watch film of Florida State, what do you see from their passing game?

A: They have a really good passing game. They have great receivers on the outside and they have a great quarterback spreading the ball around. It's similar to Miami's offense, so you can't let up on those guys because I know they are going to come ready to play.

Q: Against Miami, there were issues with people biting on play action and leaving a lot of grass between the front seven and the secondary. Is that a concern this week or will the team be working on that?

A: We've been working on it. It just comes down to everybody on the field understanding their assignment and playing their responsibilities and not worrying about someone else's responsibilities.

Q: What are you expecting on Saturday with the turmoil in Tallahassee this week with coach Bobby Bowden and the team coming off two consecutive losses?

A: I'm expecting those guys to come out ready to play. It's an 8 o'clock game and I've heard that stadium gets real loud and rowdy at night. So I expect those guys to be really pumped up. So I expect our guys are excited and pumped up and ready to go to Tallahassee.

Q: If you could put yourself in the shoes of a Florida State player for a moment. Knowing that there are people calling for Coach Bowden's resignation, what would your attitude be on Saturday?

A: Just come out ready to play and not worry about the distractions. It's an ACC game so it goes toward the ACC title. So from my standpoint, they're trying to come out with a ‘W,' and we're trying to come out with a ‘W,' because everybody wants to be the ACC champ.

I hope the whole team is on the same page as MB. I guess we will find out what kind of leadership we have this Saturday night.

Back