Moving the season?

I'll be in for July football if, instead of water stations, there are ample numbers of kegs available.

Mark my words the 2020 season is done. The real question is the 2021 season. Right now I say it's 50/50. The earliest I am hearing a vaccine will be available for the masses is next fall. People need to realize that this country will look & act a lot differently in 2 years. Those who think we will have football this season are nuts.
I hope you’re wrong. But I’m afraid you’re right.

Mark my words the 2020 season is done. The real question is the 2021 season. Right now I say it's 50/50. The earliest I am hearing a vaccine will be available for the masses is next fall. People need to realize that this country will look & act a lot differently in 2 years. Those who think we will have football this season are nuts.
I think there is a chance they play the 2020 season without fans in the stands. We should be able to test all participants for COVID on a regular basis to ensure player safety by late summer.

I think there is a chance they play the 2020 season without fans in the stands. We should be able to test all participants for COVID on a regular basis to ensure player safety by late summer.
That has to be a big nope unless it is just the big factory schools playing.

Gloom and doom Finebaum said today 1/4 of AD’s in an “informal” poll now say there is a 50% chance the football season will be disrupted this fall. Of course he uses this to concur with Herbstreit that all is lost. It seems to me 1/4 X 1/2 equals a 1/8 probability.

Why speculate on this now? We have enough sickness, death and economic disruption to just deal with the present. Predictions and mathematical projections are all over the page. About July 1 we will know if colleges are going to bring students to campus for the fall. That is soon enough to decide.

What will sabotage the season is people who have nothing better to do making decisions before they need to be made. All it will take will be for a few rogue AD’s or Presidents to get their moment in the spotlight to cancel their season and then for others, especially the talking heads, to wax eloquent that it is reckless and irresponsible to not join them in canceling.

Just wait. And, why not wait hopeful that things can get better?

Anyone who pretends to know for sure what's going to happen a month from now, let alone in September, is not somebody I'm interested in listening to

Gloom and doom Finebaum said today 1/4 of AD’s in an “informal” poll now say there is a 50% chance the football season will be disrupted this fall. Of course he uses this to concur with Herbstreit that all is lost. It seems to me 1/4 X 1/2 equals a 1/8 probability.

Why speculate on this now? We have enough sickness, death and economic disruption to just deal with the present. Predictions and mathematical projections are all over the page. About July 1 we will know if colleges are going to bring students to campus for the fall. That is soon enough to decide.

What will sabotage the season is people who have nothing better to do making decisions before they need to be made. All it will take will be for a few rogue AD’s or Presidents to get their moment in the spotlight to cancel their season and then for others, especially the talking heads, to wax eloquent that it is reckless and irresponsible to not join them in canceling.

Just wait. And, why not wait hopeful that things can get better?

There is no way for them to know at this point, but they d@mn sure better be planning for it. I am hopeful there will be a football season. But the pessimist in me wonders how many school athletic program may not survive if it doesn't happen.

You have to remember who is making the decision, university Presidents. These are probably the most risk averse people on the planet. If this thing is not pretty much over by June 1st, very good chance the season is cancelled.

The NFL, on the other hand, is run by businessmen. I would bet they will play, although fans in the stadium may be an issue.

Back