Moving toward Football in the Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

JelloJacket

Dodd-Like
Don't be naive.
Individuals push their own agenda in all aspects of life including work. Similarly a number of individuals who share similar agendas can influence the actions of a company. This isn't an indictment of any viewpoint or agenda, simply a statement of fact, people from birth are always driven to get what they as individuals want. While shareholders may justifiably wish all of their employees were 100% focused on the top and bottom lines that is never the case. As always the truth lies in the middle and not on the ends as both you and OG1968 implied.

jacket67

Dodd-Like
It probably doesn't mean much, but the LSU website that many of us use to track weekly matchups, TV, and kickoff times (Central time zone), now has the first couple weeks schedule listed. Up until recently it only had a few games posted.

http://www.lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

ncjacket

Dodd-Like
Also smart that they gain immunity and not infect their older coaches who might be more susceptible.
Good idea on the surface but we don’t actually know how the virus works. Just got off a call that referenced a study that shows evidence that asymptotic cases contagious for up to 9 days but do not always develop antibodies. I don’t have a link but something else to figure out.

OldGold1968

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I think we are about to turn a page in history that may eliminate or make some sports irrelevant. Nobody knows the long term effects of this virus and a cure is fantasy at this point. If they let kids back on campus outbreaks will be rampant. No way will we have ANY college sports for a while. The NFL & NBA will pull the plug by the end of the month. I just hope Golf hangs on.

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
I think we are about to turn a page in history that may eliminate or make some sports irrelevant. Nobody knows the long term effects of this virus and a cure is fantasy at this point. If they let kids back on campus outbreaks will be rampant. No way will we have ANY college sports for a while. The NFL & NBA will pull the plug by the end of the month. I just hope Golf hangs on.
I like how you balance some cold obvious takes with scorching hot ones to make the latter seem more plausible.

Appreciate the hustle

Keyser Soze

Likes Staff's Member
Golf sucks

Dcgt4542

Varsity Lurker
Interesting how time and the barrage of SJW garbage sucks the joy out of most everything. I will give these lefty SJW clowns credit for one thing. They are consistent. They hate all things uniquely American like sports and in particular football. They hate conservatives. Are intolerant. Call riots and looting protests. Love others peoples money. Hate guns. When they don’t like something the left says you must not like it either. Comservatives on the other hand just ignore what they don’t like unless it puts ones family at risk. They think of themselves as elite and superior but are rather ignorant when challenged. Yes we all say money rules and football returning. I agree it will. Money matters. However I for one with each passing day care less and less. At first I wondered why but I have drawn suck a link to the direction this nation is taking on all things. Football just a part of the puzzle. We underestimate just how left our nation has moved and will continue to move. In great part due to the brainwashing in our school systems. Including so called higher education. The consequences are unfolding. Now many will say this is a good thing. Many will say a bad thing. This is the sense of a divided nation. Everything will be touched by this and our passion for college football is not immune.

It was great while it lasted.

supersenior

Jolly Good Fellow
Interesting how time and the barrage of SJW garbage sucks the joy out of most everything. I will give these lefty SJW clowns credit for one thing. They are consistent. They hate all things uniquely American like sports and in particular football. They hate conservatives. Are intolerant. Call riots and looting protests. Love others peoples money. Hate guns. When they don’t like something the left says you must not like it either. Comservatives on the other hand just ignore what they don’t like unless it puts ones family at risk. They think of themselves as elite and superior but are rather ignorant when challenged. Yes we all say money rules and football returning. I agree it will. Money matters. However I for one with each passing day care less and less. At first I wondered why but I have drawn suck a link to the direction this nation is taking on all things. Football just a part of the puzzle. We underestimate just how left our nation has moved and will continue to move. In great part due to the brainwashing in our school systems. Including so called higher education. The consequences are unfolding. Now many will say this is a good thing. Many will say a bad thing. This is the sense of a divided nation. Everything will be touched by this and our passion for college football is not immune.

This is incredible

I mean not just because of how epic a meltdown it is but also how wrong a lot of it is

Last edited:

Dcgt4542

Varsity Lurker
Meltdown or not. Choices are being made. Exactly my point. Some say all this a good thing and agree. Others say a bad and thing and disagree.

OldGold1968

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Something big is on the horizon. So big I have been looking for property in Dominica & New Zealand. Very open to any suggestions.

AlaJacket

Varsity Lurker

Think you've pretty well summarized the state of the country. On the passion for college football issue, I think this fall's attendance at Tech is going to be a big surprise to many, if fans are allowed to the games. I don't have a huge number of Tech fans near me that go to the games, and in past years that has been limited because of the distance to Atlanta (about 150 miles). Among the ones that I do occasionally speak with who are over 65 and season ticket holders, none are planning to attend any games this season. The are three primary factors driving their decision. They are Covid-19, lack of police control in downtown Atlanta, and social unrest in the country. In my case, I have had season tickets from 1970 through this year with the exception of four years when I lived to far away to reasonably drive to Atlanta. This just to say, that I have really enjoyed Tech football, and attending the games. I definitely will not be attending this season, or buying season tickets again. I may attend some away or bowl games from time to time.

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
Think you've pretty well summarized the state of the country. On the passion for college football issue, I think this fall's attendance at Tech is going to be a big surprise to many, if fans are allowed to the games. I don't have a huge number of Tech fans near me that go to the games, and in past years that has been limited because of the distance to Atlanta (about 150 miles). Among the ones that I do occasionally speak with who are over 65 and season ticket holders, none are planning to attend any games this season. The are three primary factors driving their decision. They are Covid-19, lack of police control in downtown Atlanta, and social unrest in the country. In my case, I have had season tickets from 1970 through this year with the exception of four years when I lived to far away to reasonably drive to Atlanta. This just to say, that I have really enjoyed Tech football, and attending the games. I definitely will not be attending this season, or buying season tickets again. I may attend some away or bowl games from time to time.
Cool. PM me your seat locations so I can see if I want to move

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Dont see it posted as I think news broke during the site update, but we had 3 players test positive. Not bad.

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
1593797677118.gif

supersenior

Jolly Good Fellow
Covid is an excellent reason to stay away.

Lack of police control in downtown Atlanta and social unrest are not.

GT 1950

Varsity Lurker
Covid is an excellent reason to stay away.

Lack of police control in downtown Atlanta and social unrest are not.
Lack of police control and social unrest in Atlanta are excellent reasons. COVID is not. For the first time in decades, I will not be attending and it has more to do with the lack of security, safety issues, and being tired of the "woke" BS.

JRJacket

Flats Noob
Lack of police control and social unrest in Atlanta are excellent reasons. COVID is not. For the first time in decades, I will not be attending and it has more to do with the lack of security, safety issues, and being tired of the "woke" BS.
LOL what does society being “woke” have to do with attending a sporting event? Lots of lame excuses on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.