Much respect for Marshall

gtrower

Dodd-Like
In the post game CPJ said TM had only had a couple practices which is why TO started. Said TM was cleared medically but hadn’t been hit since Duke.

TO said basically the same thing - that TM hasn’t 100%.

That being said, in kind of had a feel of a coach who knows he’s gonna play the backup, but wants to throw the starter a crutch rather than just say the backup is better right now. Idk could be making that up.

southendzoneBEE

Gailey-Like
Claiming Taq was in a uga sweater requires proof. That’s a bold ööööing claim and one most fans won’t take lightly if true.

If you’re going to claim he was in a uga sweater you need to prove it. It’s not like we’re talking about sexual harassment, this actually needs proof.
He did it, don't make us post the picture please. It's embarrassing. I love taquon, last season we all know could have been 10 xs more special than it was and he was a big part of it. Oliver is better. We still need to get tm on the field.

Before you jump at me with but he didn't win the games, yea ööööing obviously. But he had us in some damn good games last year that the defense completely imploded on. Miami, tennessee, and not being able to play ucf comes to mind. Should have been an 8-4 season or better.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
There is still zero indication that Oliver can pass.
Yeah that one attempt that he threw last night was one of the ugliest passes I’ve ever seen. I can only hope it slipped out of his hand on a chilly night.

The two he threw in another game, one was to a wide open stationary target and the other required a circus catch to complete. I’d like to think he could hit easy throws consistently (although we don’t throw many easy throws) but I’m not sure yet.

JRjr

MeatWrench

Holder of all Moon records
Yeah that one attempt that he threw last night was one of the ugliest passes I’ve ever seen. I can only hope it slipped out of his hand on a chilly night.

The two he threw in another game, one was to a wide open stationary target and the other required a circus catch to complete. I’d like to think he could hit easy throws consistently (although we don’t throw many easy throws) but I’m not sure yet.

JRjr
Lost his footing mid throw. I think his one errant pitch was also impacted by being tackled as he tried to pitch

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
It was uncanny watching TO gain yards in traffic last night. He’d roll out a bit and then turn it inside, but unlike what we’ve been seeing from TQM, who gets caught from behind or goes down on the first contact, TO had a lane and then made some guys miss or broke some tackles.

Part of that might be defensive indifference on VPI, but he looked really different froM TQM on those runs.

JRjr

Tshirt Man

Varsity Lurker
Before you jump at me with but he didn't win the games, yea ööööing obviously. But he had us in some damn good games last year that the defense completely imploded on. Miami, tennessee, and not being able to play ucf comes to mind. Should have been an 8-4 season or better.
He's a hell of a player, he's just not a QB in my opinion. Not his fault really. If he would have played a back for four years I think most people would have a much different opinion of him

AmpuTECHture

Drain Lake Powell
What if TQM had played last night and we had scored 50?

Oh, dear.
This is my line of thinking. What if TO had started against Duke? How much different would it have been? If TQM had played last night, it may not have been much different and everybody would be signing his praises again.

Vespinae

Unbelievable, effort-based commenter

JRjr
His lead foot literally slipped out from under him. Go back and look at his drive in the 4th quarter of the Duke game. He can make some good throws.

TechAKnee

Flats Noob
I respected Marshall's energy on the sideline last night. I believe it looked genuine and he's made some comments about Oliver this year that he didn't have to make as a highly criticized starting QB. I'd still love to see him get on the field at Aback.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
He did it, don't make us post the picture please. It's embarrassing. I love taquon, last season we all know could have been 10 xs more special than it was and he was a big part of it. Oliver is better. We still need to get tm on the field.

Wrong.

beej67

new around here

JRjr
Oliver may be more inaccurate than Reggie Ball. It's hard to say yet.

johncu

Dodd-Like

JRjr
On the slip throw, his receiver fell as he was releasing the ball and he had to eat it. He slipped due to the awkwardness of stopping his throw. That's what I thought it looked like live, and he confirmed it in postgame interviews.

I don't think he's a competent passer at this point, but he's better than he looked on that throw.