My Old Friend Scott Poss...

Status
Not open for further replies.

**DONOTDELETE**

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Scott Poss was a great friend... Knew him since we were in grade school... Mostly remember Scott during the 7th grade when he would come by the house, help my mom & I bake chocolate chip cookies & help us eat 'em.. Good guy... Scott's "little honey" lived a few doors down from us & I all of a sudden became his best friend.. LOL... Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, you would consider him an average student at best... At a public high school... Was the QB on our Football team as a senior when we won the conference championship & advanced deep into the State High School Playoffs... Last time I saw Scott which was approximately 25 years ago we knocked back a crapload of Coors Light, and he told me how he loved audibling at the line of scrimmage & mixing up the repertoire of 25 plays which our head coach gave him... Hope some day gailey lets Reggie Brown audible & call plays like Scott Poss did so Reggie & I can drink beers 20 years from now & think back on the good times...

Scott Poss is a long haul trucker now... In the mid 80s when the union truckers were striking Scott was an independent trucker who wasn't about to be intimidated by those union truckers who were threatening him & others... got his right leg shot off by a sniper goin' thru the Tennessee turnpike while fillin' up his truck at a gas station... The leg that kicked the 35-yard field goal that won us the conference championship, how ironic... If any of you think that I am going to be intimidated by your threats, & acquiesce to your ignorance, you are mistaken.... I owe Scott that... He stood up for what he believed, it cost him his leg... I've never told him, but I will right here on StingTalk.. I love Scott Poss...

Originally posted by BeeBad:
help my mom & I bake chocolate chip cookies & help us eat 'em..... Hope some day gailey lets Reggie Brown audible & call plays....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">beebad,

Good post.

For the record, though, that would be "my mom and me"....and "Reggie Ball".

I will have to say there arent ANY coaches out there that are going to let a TRUE FROSH QB Audible much after only 3 weeks of practice and only 2 months removed from HS. At least i would hope not...He might end up looking as bad as Whitehurst of Clemson does today even though he is veteran....

Does Whitehurst remind anyone of a qb a bit closer to home?

Simmons made a bad move. He might have been the starter a wk or 2 from now.

Mr. beeware.. it is an honor to have you respond to one of my posts... The highest honor that a GT poster can attain, is your acceptance... You sir, are a legend... I consider myself extremely fortunate...

Originally posted by BeeBad:
Mr. beeware.. it is an honor to have you respond to one of my posts... The highest honor that a GT poster can attain, is your acceptance... You sir, are a legend... I consider myself extremely fortunate...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I recommend you go to the search option and review some of Beewee's posts. If you feel the same way it will say something about your credibility.

There was NOTHING in Beeware's posts that every made me think HE WAS ANYTHING BUT A LONG TIME GT fan and one of the better ones at that!!

Beebad, MsTech, Beeware: No longer take the time to read your anti_Tech posts....sorry....all of you are yankee slobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back