My Personal Opinion on BO'B

techsamillion

Flats Noob
My Personal Opinion on BO\'B

I really think that Fridge clicked with Billy while he worked with him from the Press Box. He found here an exceptional ability. It is just my umble, uninformed opinion that "The Man" knows that BOB has a unique talent while surveying the situation from "Up Above", and would love to have advantage of this talent in the coming year. I may be and probably am 1000% up a tree; but, I. if I had a guess, would say, that Billy will be in that position next year......... I will hide and watch!!! So what, the Fridge is for winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: My Personal Opinion on BO\'B

both gailey and obrien were calling plays last season, i dont know who did what but, since the peach bowl and the lsu loss we havent been in sync and god only knows if it is obrien or gailey. after next season it wont be an issue anyway, if you get my drift.

Yes, Toe, I do get your drift, and agree completely. Always helpful to gain another flashlight!

Originally posted by techsamillion:
I really think that Fridge clicked with Billy while he worked with him from the Press Box. He found here an exceptional ability. It is just my umble, uninformed opinion that "The Man" knows that BOB has a unique talent while surveying the situation from "Up Above", and would love to have advantage of this talent in the coming year. I may be and probably am 1000% up a tree; but, I. if I had a guess, would say, that Billy will be in that position next year......... I will hide and watch!!! So what, the Fridge is for winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I have no doubt whatsoever that BOB was great as an "eye in the sky" for Fridge and will do a bang-up job in that capacity for Maryland. I'm sure that as a position coach and a recruiter, he's top notch.

I think he's much better suited for that than he was as our OC. I do not think he was a very good OC and I don't think we lose much there.

Techsamillion, Believe you're right on. Coach O'B came into the college ranks with Fridge. No doubt in my mind they worked well together. Seems like a good move for him and Fridge. To me that's not a negative here at GT. This can be a win win situation in my eyes.

The offense failed to produce effectively in crucial situations for both 2001 and 2002 under BOB. In fact his very first game in the Peach Bowl was somewhat of a flop. So, BOB has not proved himself either year.

That does not mean he is not a good coach, but neither year proved him to be a good one either without the Fridge.

The situation is good now. We can see how BOB will do somewhere else and we can study this upcoming year to see if his absence has helped us.

It will be telling for both BOB and Gailey. It was somewhat irrational to determine that Gailey, a well-known offensive coordinator in both college and pros, would need a "pup" to tell him how to run an offense.

My hunch is BOB will not have anything to do with the offense at Maryland. I believe he will be on the defensive side of the ball. It would be undermining the OC at Maryland to put BOB in a position to have much to do with the offense.

We will all observe and note the results.

wink.gif

Correct Ahso, regardless, I am ready for us to slam their butts to the ground next year. Go Jackets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No matter what!!!!!!!!Personally, I think we have the horses, both on the field and in the coaching ranks, and won't be convinced otherwise untill there is a contradicting final score.

I'm looking forward to learning the backgrounds of the canidates.

Will Gailey want a high pot young guy who will learn from CG or will he look for an experienced OC where he (Chan) can be hands off with.

Another thought, will Chan try to fill the position with someone who has worked for him before, someone he knows and trusts.

Personally, I'd like for Chan to hire an experienced coordinator. Then, he wouldn't have to invest as much time into the offense himself. If we had Tenuta as the DC and an experienced OC, then Chan could focus more on the big picture and keeping the entire thing going in the right direction. If he hires a young, unproven OC, he'll have to invest more time and energy just into the offensive side of the ball. I think that would be a gamble. Maybe there are some coordinators from some small programs that would like a shot in a BCS Conference in a big-time setting.

Personally, I like Patrick Nix, but I don't think he's ready for the OC slot. Just MHO. It'd be a huge gamble for Chan to put the offense in Patrick's hands. Of course, he could name Patrick the OC and then call the plays himself...but then, I generally don't like head coaches calling their own plays. It works for some, but it aint easy. Based on Chan's past comments, I don't think he'll go that route.

Back