My thoughts, for what they are worth to y'all

-
I am sad to say, as a 50+ year observer of GT football, I am embarrassed to see our program at this level. If we are going to lose big, at least lose with a true Tech man at the realm, that has potential to get us out of this mess. Where are the BIG supporters when we need them the most? :-)
ROOF ROOF ROOF!

Seriously dude? You must not remember B**l f'ing L***s

whatever you said, you should have kept it to yourself. you are an idiot. you are far more embarrassing than any "nerd on tv"

yeah... these thoughts aren't worth that much

I'd like a refund.

OP can SABOD.

Didn't read past here.

Stupid post. Go away..

You're a ööööing moron of the highest level.

And that commercial is about the school, not just the football team. SEC schools are pretty much the only ones to use those ads as football promos.
Quoted for truth.

Lots of coaches never played college ball
U guys missing the point. How many teams have the AD AND the HC never played college football? And what does it matter? How many TOP FB teams in the country have the AD and the HC never played a down? If you want to be in the bottom half of the ACC, I guess it doesn't matter, cause that is where we are going.

U guys missing the point. How many teams have the AD AND the HC never played college football? And what does it matter? How many TOP FB teams in the country have the AD and the HC never played a down? If you want to be in the bottom half of the ACC, I guess it doesn't matter, cause that is where we are going.

Again... Bottom of the ACC. Surely there are some ACC records you could show over the last ten years that would help support your argument.... Surely the evidence exists to prove you right or wrong........ Surely......

Okay, I'll bite...

- I don't think Bobinski has ever played one single down of college football, and I know CPJ has not. How can you expect for us to be successful? And to put a nerd on national tv before a game to represent us? Embarrassing! It's a certain sign to me that the powers to be want to deemphasize FB at GT and be in the second rate bottom of the ACC.

What does playing college football have anything to do with knowing/studying the game? Why would you limit your potential coaches to only people who have played?

Some other coaches who didn't play college football:
- David Cutcliffe
- George O'Leary
- Mike Leach

- Vad Lee, our supposedly "savior" cannot run the TO, or spread option if you wish, which is our basic offense. How come CPJ hasn't figured this out up to now and still starts him? This flabby coach is just buying time I guess and counting the dollars.

CPJ was the one who kept saying Vad isn't the savior - we (the fanbase) are the ones who created that persona. If JT ran the offense better, he'd be starting.

- Top teams with athletic talent we play every year have enough data and experience now to shut us down, WITHOUT extra prep time

CPJ has run this offense for 20 years. He implements new wrinkles every year, but the offensive philosophy hasn't changed. The only "blueprint" to beating this offense is to shed blocks, win the individual battles, and play assignment football. Basically no different than stopping any other offense.

- CPJ does not know enough about modern offenses or recruit well enough to deliver us from our dilemna
I am sad to say, as a 50+ year observer of GT football, I am embarrassed to see our program at this level. If we are going to lose big, at least lose with a true Tech man at the realm, that has potential to get us out of this mess. Where are the BIG supporters when we need them the most? :-)
ROOF ROOF ROOF!

What exactly is a "modern" offense? We can either run a pro-style offense (like everyone else) with inferior talent, or we can run a unique offense that levels the playing field with the talent we have.

I'm not sure why we'd limit our coaching candidates to "Tech men". Yes, I'd love more than anything to have a great head coach who played at Tech. But that's ridiculous to say "well if we're gonna suck, it might as well be under a guy we used to cheer for back in my day!" Screw that. I want whoever is gonna win us some ballgames.

I bet you get real mad everyday when you wake up and it's not 1962 anymore huh?

Yeah, all we need is a guy who went to Tech and has "passion." :rolleyes:

And that commercial is about the school, not just the football team. SEC schools are pretty much the only ones to use those ads as football promos.
If u going to compete at a top level in college football these days, u have to think about recruiting. OK to promote your school academically or whatever, but to have a nerd doing a football yell on national tv does not help FB recruiting at all, trust me.
I am freaking tired of talking to you idiots.
This post is done as far as I am concerned!
As BOR said, good night dimwits!

If u going to compete at a top level in college football these days, u have to think about recruiting. OK to promote your school academically or whatever, but to have a nerd doing a football yell on national tv does not help FB recruiting at all, trust me.
I am freaking tired of talking to you idiots.
This post is done as far as I am concerned!
As BOR said, good night dimwits!

You might find more happiness cheering for the dwags. You already share their mentality and you have the "nerd" insult down.

h0Yvg6a.gif

Roof has passion for Tech, that is what is missing now.
And Dodd did not make the dumbest move, I was there, were you? Because he recognized with 2 platoon football coming in which required double the players, a limit on scholarships being imposed by the NCAA (and he would always honor a scholarship awarded), the Falcons coming in and becoming the "city team", and our academic requirements being toughened up, he made a decision to get out of the SEC because we could not compete in the top level of the SEC. His thought was to go independent like ND and recruit nationally and play a national schedule. Did it work out, hell no. But don't call it a dumb decision, it was the best option we had at the time. He would not settle for for being in the bottom of the SEC, and I respect that, I certainly don't respect being in the bottom of the ACC and if we don't make any serious changes, that is exactly where we will be.

Matter of fact, I know 2 men who were "in the room". One is retired now but was a good customer of mine and has a building on campus named for him. The other is passed. I was a fan, but too young to be in the room as you say. I know when people not working for a university where allowed to help in recruiting and my Dad was in rooms with recruits talking with them about GT. So I have some knowledge.

And Dodd was not that smart to make all those assumptions. He may have been upset about ship limitations. But I was always taught you don't just pick up your marbles and go home when everything does not go your way. Dodd was also upset that he could no longer get AU & CU to play in ATL EVERY SINGLE öööö YEAR. Would you like GT to have to play at CU every year? They have a bigger stadium than we do now.

And if he were able to make those assumptions, it is dumber still to not play your natural rivals with pro football coming in. ND was going to be easier than a lot of other SEC teams to beat? Right.

Recruit nationally? Hell, in SI he said he only wanted to recruit, almost exclusively, in Georgia. Said they could not understand him in the northern and other states.

WHAT national schedule? ND yes, but tulane, duke, navy, a then suck baylor, good move for 2 with USC, average MSU back then, but a major fail. You did, I assume, notice our fan base went to hell? And if that policy would have worked, Homer Rice would never have gotten us into the ACC. God it was horrible to be forced to leave the METRO conference. And if "nationally" scheduling was the way why did he go back to adding UF, UT, AU, bama again, in addition to ugag?

And if Dodd was certain with what the future held, what the hell was with his and John O'Neils statement "Georgia Tech will always sell our 40,000 season tickets. Brilliant.

And I would venture there are quite a lot of current ADs that did not play football. It entails a whole lot more than that now. I have no numbers to back it up, but would be willing to bet.

I might have been able to get through your post as a contrarian point of view. Then you touted Roof as the man to turn things around and I realized you're just another idiot that thinks your opinion is actually a smart one.

I will say that GT the school does seem to want to de- emphasize sports and are doing a fantastic job of it might I add. Fix that problem first before we go tossing out another coach. Otherwise we're not really fixing anything.

Well stated. +1000

Matter of fact, I know 2 men who were "in the room". One is retired now but was a good customer of mine and has a building on campus named for him. The other is passed. I was a fan, but too young to be in the room as you say. I know when people not working for a university where allowed to help in recruiting and my Dad was in rooms with recruits talking with them about GT. So I have some knowledge.

And Dodd was not that smart to make all those assumptions. He may have been upset about ship limitations. But I was always taught you don't just pick up your marbles and go home when everything does not go your way. Dodd was also upset that he could no longer get AU & CU to play in ATL EVERY SINGLE öööö YEAR. Would you like GT to have to play at CU every year? They have a bigger stadium than we do now.

And if he were able to make those assumptions, it is dumber still to not play your natural rivals with pro football coming in. ND was going to be easier than a lot of other SEC teams to beat? Right.

Recruit nationally? Hell, in SI he said he only wanted to recruit, almost exclusively, in Georgia. Said they could not understand him in the northern and other states.

WHAT national schedule? ND yes, but tulane, duke, navy, a then suck baylor, good move for 2 with USC, average MSU back then, but a major fail. You did, I assume, notice our fan base went to hell? And if that policy would have worked, Homer Rice would never have gotten us into the ACC. God it was horrible to be forced to leave the METRO conference. And if "nationally" scheduling was the way why did he go back to adding UF, UT, AU, bama again, in addition to ugag?

And if Dodd was certain with what the future held, what the hell was with his and John O'Neils statement "Georgia Tech will always sell our 40,000 season tickets. Brilliant.

And I would venture there are quite a lot of current ADs that did not play football. It entails a whole lot more than that now. I have no numbers to back it up, but would be willing to bet.

texstinger, I too remember the days of alums and supporters helping recruit. Coach Dodd was indeed concerned about scholarship limits and to a lesser degree the home schedule issues. What he WAS smart enough to know, which was by far, more important than these issue or the Falcons etc., was that a flood of superior athletes who were ill prepared for Tech's academics, were about to fill the rosters of our SEC competitors. Was he correct? Obviously

These same superior athletes also filled other rosters as well, but Dodd knew the numbers and overall talent resided in the South and that the SEC would rake in the top players. He wanted to lessen the blow as much as possible. As for adding back the historical rivals, he was responding to pressure from supporters and attendance woes.

Remember when we almost bailed on D-1 football? Imagine how much worse our record at that point would have been with an SEC schedule! The $ from improved attendance figures wouldn't have imo come close to closing the talent gap. Just my view-Z.

I like Roof's passion for GT, CPJ has none. I never would have hired Roof for DC but in my opinion, he will find a way to win .
And don't you ever call me an idiot again, you freaking prozac addict! :-)

Bogey, I had always liked you as a poster. You've completely gone off your rocker with your spewing this time though.

Yeah, all we need is a guy who went to Tech and has "passion." :rolleyes:

I'm available if those are the only requirements.

To me, the commercial is less embarrassing than the recitation of the Auburn Creed or people standing in line to ring a bell.

- I don't think Bobinski has ever played one single down of college football, and I know CPJ has not. How can you expect for us to be successful?

I guess Mike Leach and George O'Leary cant be successful (among others) since they never played football.

Back