NAVY's Ken Niumatalolo vs Monken if GT keeps Spread Option

The funny thing is that I would say only Beej would be “done with the program” if we left the option behind. I know many of the option fans would stay on board. I can’t say the same for the option haters. And that to me shows which are actually bigger supporters of the school. So all this “healing the fanbase” talk sounds more like appeasement to me. I say öööö em and outbid them. Let’s get a groundswell going to support the school and prove that’s GT can keep the option and grow it’s fanbase. I personally like the Triple Option pledge for every season ticket holder that cancels because we kept the offensive scheme, fans of the option buy 3 tickets.

The TO haters have been pretty vocal for the past 3 or so years. I don't know that they have gotten louder since Johnson resigned. Maybe they were really just tired of Johnson; but Johnson and the TO are so tightly linked it is hard to know, and I doubt if they really know.
It's the same people who are going to be the [insert new offensive system here] haters. They are just haters - not going to like anything unless we are in the National Title hunt every year. "I don't understand this run-pass option stuff! Why don't we just throw the ball downfield!" "Why can't this guy recruit a pro QB - don't you know that Ben Rothlesburger almost came here!"

Ken's had 1 double digit win season since he took over for Paul, and he's had three straight years of worsening records. Why is Navy so bad this year btw?

I think Monken is the better choice- he has taken bad teams and made them very good, and he is still on an upward trajectory.
Army under Monken has gotten better, taking a larger percentage of the "academy recruit pool".

Back