NCAA ref proposal

hiveredtech

Dodd-Like
How hard would it be to do away with conference refs altogether and have NCAA refs?

I get tired of seeing all of the finger pointing towards this or that conference "paying off" the refs...and get tired of seeing conference fire or suspend their refs when they blow calls in non-conference games.

That would be a good question for someone like Wes or Coach Gailey to answer. I just don't know how difficult it would be to have NCAA refs instead of each conference handling it.

Sure does seem to be some major issues these days. There are always issues when teams play other teams out of conference. Then you have different theories from conference to conference. An example would be the ACC is the only major conference that doesn't have officiating crews. They mix and match different guys from week to week. My thinking is this causes confusion we continue to see week in and week out.

In basketball, there are differences in how physical the players can be without fouls called. When teams cross conferences, they do not know how physical to play.

Back