ND needs to join a conference or gtfo

cyptomcat

Hibernating
I think this was the year to throw a bone to the Big12, they played a full schedule after all. That would be either Oklahoma or Iowa St.
It would have been single loss A&M if it wasn't for ND. If A&M handles UNC in the bowl game, then I would agree that it should have been A&M instead of ND.

johncu

Dodd-Like
I think this was the year to throw a bone to the Big12, they played a full schedule after all. That would be either Oklahoma or Iowa St.
Iowa State lost to Louisiana Lafayette by 17 points, not to mention another game. Putting them in would’ve been ridiculous. Oklahoma lost to 4-6 Kansas State, as well as Iowa State.

The Big 12 had their chance and blew it. If Oklahoma’s only loss was Iowa State, then maybe. But they choked.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
Who goes in over ND? Cincy? 2-loss OK? A&M looked even worse against Bama.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
It would have been single loss A&M if it wasn't for ND. If A&M handles UNC in the bowl game, then I would agree that it should have been A&M instead of ND.
Non CFP bowl games mean squadoosh. Too many NFL Pay Day Protector opt outs. They really should just eliminate all those now-useless bowl games, IMO. I used to watch most every bowl game . . . attended many! But other than when Tech or UGAG is playing, I could not have less interest now.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Iowa State lost to Louisiana Lafayette by 17 points, not to mention another game. Putting them in would’ve been ridiculous. Oklahoma lost to 4-6 Kansas State, as well as Iowa State.

The Big 12 had their chance and blew it. If Oklahoma’s only loss was Iowa State, then maybe. But they choked.
Meh, Oklahoma lost some games early in a COVID tainted year and then looked much better as the season went on. I haven't watched enough Iowa State to say much about them; but everyone knew ND shouldn't be there before the game ever started.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
You guys basing who should have gotten this or not gotten that based on what happens in meaningless Opt Out bowls are ridiculous. No one cares about these games.

The Jacket

The Coat
Agree about Oklahoma, but it is also hard to gauge much based on them glorykilling a Florida team which:
a) played all their games within a mediocre conference
b) was without the weapons that made them however dangerous they actually were

And I don't even have a gripe with Notre Dame being included this year. They played in the ACC this season, and if the SEC can get two teams in, so can our dumbass conference. But Ohio State being allowed in after playing half a season is an absolute joke. Oklahoma, Iowa State, Cincinnati - any of those would have made more sense to me.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Meh, Oklahoma lost some games early in a COVID tainted year and then looked much better as the season went on. I haven't watched enough Iowa State to say much about them; but everyone knew ND shouldn't be there before the game ever started.
Exactly. Oklahoma was much better at the end than they were earlier. Freshman QB, etc. They avenged their defeat and won their conference. Isn't that the rationale for Clemson? Anyway, I think they are better than ND.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Agree about Oklahoma, but it is also hard to gauge much based on them glorykilling a Florida team which:

And I don't even have a gripe with Notre Dame being included this year. They played in the ACC this season, and if the SEC can get two teams in, so can our dumbass conference. But Ohio State being allowed in after playing half a season is an absolute joke. Oklahoma, Iowa State, Cincinnati - any of those would have made more sense to me.
Totally agree about Ohio State. It was laughable how they kept changing the rules so Ohio State would be eligible. I hope it burns them tonight.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb

Which conference was not mediocre or worse?

The Jacket

The Coat
Totally agree about Ohio State. It was laughable how they kept changing the rules so Ohio State would be eligible. I hope it burns them tonight.
You have to wonder, if they had only played 4 games, would the media and committee have still found a way to weasel them in? I wish I could say I doubt it.

Which conference was not mediocre or worse?
Well, the ACC was good enough to comprise half the CFP field, and apparently the B1G is so damn good that surviving a mere six games is enough to earn the #3 seed.

cyptomcat

Hibernating
Non CFP bowl games mean squadoosh. Too many NFL Pay Day Protector opt outs. They really should just eliminate all those now-useless bowl games, IMO. I used to watch most every bowl game . . . attended many! But other than when Tech or UGAG is playing, I could not have less interest now.
Who opted out of A&M vs UNC?

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Which one lost to bama by 4 TDs?
Which one lost to a half-awake Bama by 17 points on a neutral field (which they cried their way onto) in a must-win game at the end of the season?

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
Which one lost to a half-awake Bama by 17 points on a neutral field (which they cried their way onto) in a must-win game at the end of the season?
So was the regular season game against Bama not a “must-win”?

It was 35-14 at halftime.

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
This is a year where I wonder if they hadn’t joined a conference if they still would have made an appearance.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Notre Dame is not going to join the ACC despite the fact they suck relative to the kings of CFB and will never, ever win another NC in my lifetime. And The NCAA is not going to enforce recruiting violations on UGA, Clemson, OSU and Bama the way they would us—-we had to void an ACC Championship 2009 for ridiculousness. It’s all about the Ben Franklin now. There is no “college” in CFB.