NE1 know how many tickets Tech ....

My guess is they bought BOTH of them!!!
flamethrower.gif
rocketlauncher.gif

Seriously, how many from Tech are going to make the trip? Anyone....anyone....
I didn't know until last Saturday that this is the first of a THREE game series, with UConn High coming to Atlanta for 2 games. I was probably the last to figure that out, but this deal is at least better than just a home and away setup. I would love to see other 2 and 1 setups, so that Tech could get up to 7 home games. I am obviously in the camp of people who want to play average OOC schedules, if I am hoping for 2 and 1 deals. FSU and UGA make our schedule tough enough, thank you. I enjoy the likes of Vandy, UCF, Ga. Southern, etc...
People who want strong OOC schedules must love the Seattle Bowl and its like, cause that's where Tech would most likely be going, on average, with some of the killer schedules I've seen suggested.
BOO

I prefer the FSU method. They realize that playing in the ACC there are always going to be two or three patsies, so there is no need to load up your out of conference games with patsies. FSU uses the out of conference games to gain national respect. We should do the same.

Is that why they schedule powerhouses like Iowa State and Louisville?

Originally posted by Culb:
Is that why they schedule powerhouses like Iowa State and Louisville?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">clubbe,
The Iowa St. game was a preseason game much like when we played Syracuse or we were scheduled to play Virginia Tech. Louisville (who was ranked preseason) was a replacement game for Auburn because Auburn was chicken to play FSU once Turberville arrived and Auburn backed out of the series on short notice.
I do not like FSU and do not have to defend their schedule, but they have made a national reputation by playing a strong out of conference schedule.

And for 'damne' sure they are not playing @Uconn.

shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

I have to agree with Beeware on this. Iowa St and Louisville don't sound intimidating at first but compared to Vandy and UConn they're very good teams. Louisville should win or be near the top of C-USA and Iowa St is a middle tier team in the best conference (Big XII).

If you look at GTs OOC skd vs. F$Us OOC skd overall then the gap widens.

Miami (def. champ) vs. UGA (top 25)
Florida (top 10) vs. BYU (top 25)
Louisville vs. Vandy
Iowa St. vs. UConn.

I would agrue that the difference in the quality of schedule is equivalent to the difference in the overall quality between GT and FSU current state of the programs.

FSU plays two top tenners.....they are a top ten team. They play two other top 30 or 40 teams...

We play two top 25ers....we are a top 25 team. Then we play two patsies. Now we could probably do better with those patsies...but all in all the schedule is close to the percieved qualities of the team.

HOWEVER...I do believe Tech can be a top 15 even top ten team this year and two better matches will help us. I also think we will beat FSU.

FSU .... made a national reputation by playing a strong out of conference schedule.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think they actually made their national reputation by winning games.

Lets worry about winning the conference and THEN we can schedule Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Georgia, and Tennessee as our OOC schedlue.

FSU realizes that better outside competition makes you better able to compete for the conference title.
Playing Iowa St. and Louisville (not to mention Miami and Florida) definitely help your team to prepare for the conference title than do Vandy and @Uconn High.
FSU made a very public and deliberate decision back in the 80's to play the toughest schedule they could to get the national respect they wanted. They were nothing back in the early 80's but after they took on all comers for the next decade they are and have been a national power....and they didn't get there by playing @Uconn High.

Originally posted by beeware:
[QBLouisville (who was ranked preseason) was a replacement game for Auburn[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sounds a bit like why we're playing UConn. We had no choice. Tell us our other options and make a case. Otherwise shut up.

clubbe,
Our best option was NOT to agree to play @Uconn High.
And there is no comparison to playing a ranked Louisville team with a Heisman candidate versus playing at Uconn High.
With the exception of a couple of the patsy teams in the Big East, we are the only BCS team to ever have played @Uconn High.

bash.gif
bash.gif

Bobby Dodds Ghost, Absolutely amazing what happens when you ask a simple question isn't it.
wink.gif

We don't play as good of a an OOC schedule as FSU does this year.

That doesn't have anything to do with why we are playing Uconn. GT was caught in a bad situation.

It's who we play next. The best thing to do is to support our players and coaches who play the game. Not complain about scheduling. The points been made on this a long long time ago. No sense in beating it to death.

Bobby Dodds Ghost ask a question that he felt could be answered here. This thread got turned into a Brain bash.

Back