New ^ 6 receuit

Isn't it three? Wasn't Hill one of the early PJ signees?

Yes, but Smelter came expecting to play bazeball. So I guess that only leaves Hill and Waller who came expecting to play in Johnson's offense. That said, if I was being recruited as a WR I would seriously consider GT and Johnson's offense because it is being successful in producing NFL WR's. It's hard to argue against Johnson's ability to produce NFL WR's at this point.

Yes, but Smelter came expecting to play bazeball. So I guess that only leaves Hill and Waller who came expecting to play in Johnson's offense. That said, if I was being recruited as a WR I would seriously consider GT and Johnson's offense because it is being successful in producing NFL WR's. It's hard to argue against Johnson's ability to produce NFL WR's at this point.

We did recruit Smelter for football, though he chose baseball initially.

NFL teams love that PJ's receivers better know how to block. They may be behind in other aspects but they will know how to block, and they're going to be athletic.

That said, if I was being recruited as a WR I would seriously consider GT and Johnson's offense because it is being successful in producing NFL WR's. .

Maybe, but I'd consider it even more seriously if they could convince me they had a quarterback who could throw.

Due to some UNC fan running his mouth off about it being stupid for a WR to pick GT, all we do is teach them to dive at DB's feet which doesn't prepare them for the NFL, yada yada yada...I spent too much time one day seeing how the number of WR we have drafted compare to the rest of the ACC. We've had 4 drafted since CPJ has been HC. That's tied atop the ACC along with Clemson, UNC, and Miami (maybe? I don't remember for sure now). Not really refuting anyone's point in this thread, just more of a cool story bro anecdote.

For some reason his hudl profile does not go straight to his SENIOR film. I had to hunt around in there to find it.

Worth checking out as he looks bigger, faster, and more dynamic. Here it is for those want looksey

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4300976/highlights/286350376/v2

Doesn't look like a 4.37 on film, but does seem to outpace the defenders consistently. Good build for blocking. His competition looks pretty pitiful on the highlights - he didn't high point a lot of balls but was still able to reel them in with the DBs looking lost.

I think I like Stewart/Philpott from the '15 class better based on HS film, but I don't mind the offer to a GA kid with good speed and athleticism.

Doesn't look like a 4.37 on film, but does seem to outpace the defenders consistently. Good build for blocking. His competition looks pretty pitiful on the highlights - he didn't high point a lot of balls but was still able to reel them in with the DBs looking lost.

I think I like Stewart/Philpott from the '15 class better based on HS film, but I don't mind the offer to a GA kid with good speed and athleticism.

Northview plays in Region 6AAAAAA. Some of those plays were against Mill Creek and other stiff competition for what it's worth. They played at least 5 teams this year that were in the state playoffs.

Speed is nice to have but I don't think its the most important attribute of a WR in our system. Kids that know how to put a defender on his butt, good hands, decent footwork - these are the things we need from a WR.

I assume the coaches have confirmed that Mr. Anderson brings some or all of these things to the table.

Back