New announcer update...

BuzzBomb

Varsity Lurker
...with football around the corner, the finalists are interviewing during the next week.

Richard Musterer has revealed that he is not one of the chosen left.

Rumor has Randy Waters as the favorite. Yuk! This is to replace Wes as play-by-play.

...with football around the corner, the finalists are interviewing during the next week.

Rumor has Randy Waters as the favorite. Yuk! This is to replace Wes as play-by-play.

Wes had big shoes to fill too. Give whoever gets the job a chance.

I really was hoping for Richard Musterer . Oh well Randy waters or who ever gets it will do a great job. :biggthumpup:

Randy Waters would do a good job; but I would rather find someone who could be the voice of the Jackets long term and Randy is already 60+. I don't see him doing this for 10+ years.

Excuse my ignorance but who is Randy Waters?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Excuse my ignorance but who is Randy Waters?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Savy enough for a message board not savy enough for google lol. Serious not hard to find out about him

I can't get excited about Randy Waters.

Nice guy and all but I'm hoping for the next undiscoverd Brad Nessler.

I wish we could get out of this mindset that we never look outside our own backyard everytime a new position opens up.

I'd be happy with Mr. Waters :biggthumpup:

Waters would be OK, but I like Mike Morgan as well. I don't know if he has any GT connection, but he seems reasonable and easy to listen too IMO.

Waters would be OK, but I like Mike Morgan as well. I don't know if he has any GT connection, but he seems reasonable and easy to listen too IMO.

Agree. Would prefer Waters since he seems to get GT the way Durham did.

Randy's always done a pretty good job alongside Wes on Tech hoops. I hope having watched Wes all those years has to have rubbed off on him.

Does anybody have any audio clips of Randy's Falcon preseason play by play? It could give a hint of what he would sound like calling football.

I tend to either watch TV or attend every GT football/basketball game, hardly listen on the radio, which leads me to think the days of having a good play-by-play guy for radio is less important for GT purposes. The important needs are witty, likeable personality for call-in shows, pre-game, post-game interviews. Also would be nice to have a media savvy and connected person (like Wes) that local AND national radio shows want to do Interviews with that promote our school.

What stations carry all the Tech games? I would like to see the list. Most of the stations that used to be listed in the media guide did not carry any or all of the Tech games. With all the games on TV, the number of people listening to Tech radio broadcasts must be pretty low. Now, I listen to Tech radio while watching games on TV, because I'd rather get bad news from a friend. Whenever anything good happens, I switch to the TV audio very temporarily. But, my point is that this job is just not good enough to entice many people. Now, in the old days before almost every game was on TV, it was a great job. I used to keep score with Al when he did Tech basketball games when I was growing up. But, please, somebody list all the stations that really do carry all of Tech's games.

Looks like Waters is the shoe-in if he wants the job. Would've preferred Al Michaels but I'm over it.

Back